1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pants for ratweiler

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by rgrady, Oct 28, 2015.

1. rgrady

rgrady

Jun 14, 2009
    Hey rats !
    Got my order in for a new Ratweiler .got a 1/4 Inch black blade with tan scales because it looks like a Rottweiler.
    Now got to get a sheath . Has anyone had any luck with the spec ops sheaths ? I'm assuming The 8 inch one is the appropriate size ?
    Thanks in advance

2. Maqua

Maqua

Jan 21, 2005
    Those are nice sheaths. Not sure how the blade will fit.

3. Maqua

Maqua

Jan 21, 2005
    I ordered a .25" black n tan, too. Gonna be a good blade. Thinking a Kenny Rowe drop loop sheath will be it's pants.

4. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    The Spec-Ops Long fits the Busse TGLB and Basic 8 just fine. Holding my RW LE up to it, looks like it will fit just fine. :thumbup:

Otherwise, I would recommend leather from Dwayne at Armoralleather or Al at AZWelke for Kydex.

5. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Yes the spec ops is just fine for the RW. I had my gen 1 in one before I sold it. That's what I will be using when I get my 1/4 thick one. Probably gonna do leather for my thin one.

6. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I have a few spec ops sheaths and I like how they will accept all sorts of blades so there interchangeable for knives. My camp tramp and chopwieler and SH-e and basic 8 all share sheaths if need be. I have kydex also but when camping I like the little pocket for certain items.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  7. Dicko

Dicko

Dec 28, 2014
    Armorall Leather or elof_alv - put simply, they are both rugged and beautiful!

8. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    The spec-ops does fit the LE pretty well.

9. pmspaul

pmspaul

Jun 12, 2008
    I ordered the same blade for the same reason. The best dog I've ever had was my Rottie. Looks like your spec-ops question has been answered. I'm planning to get some kydex pants for mine.