Para 3 Lightweight

I think I am going to wait ,one washer and the lock being secured by the FRN seems jenky to me ,and what was the reason for this blade steel?cost?

My Para 3 LW is out for delivery today, excited to see how it compares to my Bugout which is my main EDC for the office.

Got one last week. Seems like a great knife and I saw zero imperfections. It's just a bit blade heavy for me. I'd rather have the full liners and S30V.

Ya I just don’t understand what there is to get excited about ,it’s not like my regular para 3s are heavy so why get 1 made of cheaper materials? Maybe if they would have used better steel

Last edited:
Ya I just don’t understand what there is to get excited about ,it’s not like my regular para 3s are heavy so why get 1 made of cheaper materials? Maybe if they would have used better steel

My primary decision is because I love deep carry wire clips. Oh, and the Para 3 is one of my favorite designs by Spyderco.

If it is just the clip, won't a $20 lynch clip on a g10 Para 3 take care of the business? I too don't understand what's the fuss about this LW version that has only one washer. Or maybe lightweight is the new fad?

I have a manix 2 G10 and a lightweight. It's just variety. I love my para 3, and I wanted the lightweight model as well, although blade HQ has seemed to drop the ball a little considering it's still up for pre-order...? I'm usually against pre-orders for anything because I believe it's a dumb system, but I did it anyway. Won't do it again though!

I like both the Para3 G-10 and LW models. For me the LW works better.

I like the deep carry clip on the LW, I

I'm not a steel snob, so it isn't a huge deal to me. I carried a Tenacious for a lot of years as my work knife, and was never disappointed.

I'll see how this steel holds up. My last S30V knife chipped easily, so I''m not a huge fan. Although, my Para 3 G10 hasn't had any issue. Spyderco obviously has better heat treat.

Will the LW wear out over time due to one less bushing? Who knows, and if it does, i'll pick up another one. Is it blade heavy, to someone more sensitive than me i guess, but for my tasks, if it is, I don't notice.

The LW gives me what I like about the G10, with a little less weight, a deep carry clip, not a fan of aftermarket clips, and it cost less in the event it departs from my custody.

I completely understand why the G-10 appeals to some, it does feel more solid, and is just an all around nicer piece. Is it worth the extra money? To me, not really, but I understand what the LW version is, and I'm good with that.

Especially with a black clip.....;)

KNSICbc.jpg

TXPO

Really liked every Para 3 I’ve owned so decided to order another from DLT of course the best Dealer known to man kind :)
The Para 3 LW should make a great bike companion and I’m pretty excited to get this one in my hands :thumbsup:
Edit: On a side note I ordered mine this morning from DLT and it was shipped within hours :eek: the same day and It’s due to arrive Thursday!
Not only do they have the best customer service DLT is the fastest shipper out of any dealer I’ve ever dealt with and they did it today with a exclamation point .

Last edited:
I really want to like the LW... wish it had the newer style Taichung FRN pattern instead or their own unique version. like how every factory has their own style FRN: seki (squares) / maniago (grid) / taichung (hexagon) / golden (????)

Had mine since day 1 and overall have positive things to say. Carey’s well, light, solid, way better than the Bugout etc.

Two complaints:
1) very stiff new and extremely sensitive to pivot adjustment. To get a free dropper I had to have a little side to side play. Not thrilled about that.

2) BD1N is a good overall performer but is surprisingly rust prone. I’ve left it wet by the sink overnight (fresh water) and gotten straight up rust, not water spotting, rust.

I love mine. The thing I like better about it is that the handle is contoured, and how light it is. Love everything about it. Hope they do a PM2 lw.

BD1N is a good overall performer but is surprisingly rust prone. I’ve left it wet by the sink overnight (fresh water) and gotten straight up rust, not water spotting, rust.

I’m surprised to hear this. Was the rust related to the Spyderco emblem or similar etching?

Interesting... I thought BD1N was supposed to be fairly rust resistant?

Back