Para 3 LW All Black.... Almost

Got the Para 3 LW this week. Black handle and black blade. I love the look, however - why did they leave the compression lock and main pin silver? Does this bug anyone else? Or Is my ocd kicking in...
I think I will eventually break it down and black out these parts. Any suggestions on how to black out and have them stay durable? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Yes it bugged me so much I sent out an all black PM2 to have all the internals blacked out, including liners! I think the new YoJimbo2 blacked out md is the only model Spyderco ever completely blacked out? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Mike

Yes it bugged me so much I sent out an all black PM2 to have all the internals blacked out, including liners! I think the new YoJimbo2 blacked out md is the only model Spyderco ever completely blacked out? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Mike
Thanks Mike - did you send them to be powder coated? Hoping I can get away with a good primer and paint to save some expense. Thanks.

Manix 2 G10 with DLC blades typically have black liners and hardware. All they'll need is black scales.

Edit: The standard S30V has a DLC option which comes with black G10 and blacked out liners and hardware

Last edited:
Thanks Mike - did you send them to be powder coated? Hoping I can get away with a good primer and paint to save some expense. Thanks.
Sent it to Josh at Razors Edge. Not sure what he used but he did a great job and it’s held up great!

Mike

Back