Para 3; the best spyderco edc I've ever had.

Really been trying hard to love the Para3. The biggest issue I have is the handle- I just can't get a comfortable grip behind the choil because of the bump before the butt of the handle. My pinky lands right on the bump or behind it (same as the 0450), making the knife feel cramped and uncomfortable. For reference, the Sage5 does not have this bump. The forward grip is OK, but not as natural for me as the Native.

Regardless, its a great knife and probably works better for people with smaller hands. I have an S30v from the initial drop (no step on the lock face), and now the Cruwear. Someday I'll probably start loving it, but right now I stick to the tried and true PM2.

I have smaller hands and love the P3. I just ordered a second (non serrated and partially serrated). Both S30V.

I do like the ergonomics when using the choil though but can definately see why a person with large hands would have a tough time getting comfortable when using a full handle grip.

Perfect for me and the PM2 is a tad big.

Nice to have so many cool options though. :thumbsup:

Just literally got my Para 3 in my hands tonight. Got it in a trade off the exchange and while I was curious about them, I'd read enough reviews that seemed to be, more or less, "meh."

After handling it for a few hours, it has impressed. Much better than I thought it would be. It will go in the rotation starting tomorrow. Time will tell if it's a keeper, but right now, its got a lot of potential.

Im waiting for the S90V/CF version. Until tyen I will keep on readng about you guys’ knives

Nice bump.

And, what?
I'm confused as to why you are confused.........the detent seems to be different between the lightweight version and the regular version. Sorry for the thread bump I forgot that people here like a new thread started for every single question someone might have.

I'm confused as to why you are confused.........the detent seems to be different between the lightweight version and the regular version. Sorry for the thread bump I forgot that people here like a new thread started for every single question someone might have.
Yeah no.. but this thread is about the standard PM3, and nowhere in your post did you mention the LW. That was where my confusion came from.

For me Para 3 is much better design than PM2 which has weird blade looking like it was already sharpened multiple times with diamonds.

Pics for my homies

This was a gift from my wife. (She's a keeper)

She got me the Cru-wear! Haha!
QJhQmnW.jpg

A quick primer on the steel.
Carbon Tool steels are the Muscle Cars of knife steels.
All performance, but only for the real aficionados of knife sharpening and cutting since alot of what you pay for and trade off for ease of maintenance would be wasted on someone who doesn't care.

Cru-wear is my favorite steel.
Why, it has the perfect balance of edge stability, toughness, razor edge holding, and ease of Sharpening at high levels without being super reactive.

Steels like M4 will have more edge holding but won't hone as fast as Cru-wear and m4 is less Tough and more reactive.

4v/v4e will outperform Cru-wear but is wayyy more reactive and not as fast to sharpen.

Cru-wear wants to be sharp. It takes a very crisp edge and holds that high, razor sharpness for a good while.

In someways it reminds me of Hitachi Aogami Super or better known as on the forums as "Super blue" of course nothing will ever sharpen as good as super blue haha
I know, I know, next Everyone wants to know how it compares to Maxemet, but it's not a good comparison because Maxemet is an extreme, Cru-wear is a balance. That's probably the best way to put it.

Compared to a Delica, what a great size, I LOVE the Delica
Btb5NrB.jpg

PM2 on the left, you can see you really don't lose that much blade length but the handle is chopped down for a purer EDC experience.

QnIAx8A.jpg
This thread got me back on the Para 3 bandwagon. I had, and sold, a plain Jane S30V and an M390. I couldn't warm up to either. But, I decided to give it one more try and got an S35VN version and it hasn't left my pocket since. Perfect EDC. Now I need one in Cruwear, my favorite steel hands down.

Myself I love every variation in the PM3:thumbsup:
The PM2 use to be my fav and is still a great knife but the PM3 has taken over for me and checks all the right boxes .
Although the pocket clip is usually the first to go for a MXG or Lynch shortie DP .

Just got my first Para 3 in the mail today. I really like it a bit more than I thought I would. Fits my hand very nicely as well. Overall, I’m more than pleased.

It’s the brown S35VN to match its bigger brother PM2 S35VN. I don’t know why, but they are just my favorite users. Did they or do they make a brown Military in S35VN?

Just got my first Para 3 in the mail today. I really like it a bit more than I thought I would. Fits my hand very nicely as well. Overall, I’m more than pleased.

It’s the brown S35VN to match its bigger brother PM2 S35VN. I don’t know why, but they are just my favorite users. Did they or do they make a brown Military in S35VN?
Glad to hear your liking the Brown S35vn para 3 . I also have one on the way :thumbsup:
Don’t think they do or did make a Military in the Brown G10 sporting S35VN. Heard there going to be making a LW Military though but not sure of the blade steel.

Reactions: BP_
I've once bought the p3 cruwear one, but I never managed to like it. I've carried a sage 5 daily
Almost as it seemed to be made to my precise needs end sizes. That sage is no longer however.. Normally I would have bought a new one right away. But then there is the upcoming lw.. Now about the cruwear p3.. Im unsure what it is which makes me hate carrying the p3.
It's like it's trying to be like it's brother but, well, doesn't. For me.

Now, a lw Para like blade with comp lock and swapped cruwear steel plus wire clip? I'm still daily carrying one of my pm2's so either this could be a match made in heaven as all purpose edc setup, or just buyers regret waiting to happen.

Ideally I'd have to see comparisons between a sage 5 and one of these lightweight but both are very hard to find models so finding people who have both is is like looking for a - correction - my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

;)

Back