1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Para 3 with lanyard or fob b/c of rough G-10

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by cabdmd, May 24, 2019.

1. cabdmd

cabdmd Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

OK, I love the Para 3. I love the blade shape and size. I love the compression lock. I am not in love with rough G-10. Oh, it has good traction for my grip, but with the clip it is tough to retrieve from my pocket. So I tied a lanyard or fob for it to hang out of my pocket.
    I imagine the Para 3 LW would solve this problem also.

2. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Emersons have quite rough G10, so what I do with mine is buff each scale (still attached) on an old pair of jeans for about 15 minutes apiece while watching TV.

This tames the G10 down a bit without reducing its effectiveness, basically simulating weeks/months of pocket carry. And unlike sanding it doesn't produce any G10 dust.

I've done this to Spydie G10 as well, and it works great. Might be worth considering. :)

TheFactor and cabdmd like this.
  3. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Yes the Para 3 LW slides in and out of your pocket with ease . Also sits deep in the pocket :thumbsup:
    I run a lanyard on most of my knives as it makes it even easier to snatch from your pocket .
    [​IMG]

cabdmd likes this.
  4. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Sandpaper