1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Off Topic Parallel Snarking

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Guyon, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bladite

Bladite ǝɹnsıǝן ɟo uɐɯǝןʇuǝb Moderator

Feb 28, 2003
    i'd have tried it :D he has good technique too!

worldwood and Tanker 1/66 like this.
  2. Tanker 1/66

Tanker 1/66 Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    @worldwood That's an impressive haul of lighter knot you got there. And who needs a skid steer when you can bring along a Curt!!!! Thats impressive!!!

worldwood likes this.
  3. GSO1962

GSO1962

Nov 16, 2013
    Welcome back, WW!

worldwood likes this.
  4. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    My cojones would be rolling down my pant leg if I tried that, haha. :D

worldwood likes this.
  5. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    A little trick I learned. Next time you go saw some more fat lighter, bring along a bottle of mineral oil. Keep the chain lubed with it and it will cut without binding. You can pour some oil down into your cut for a non-sticky, smoother cut!

6. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    After carrying it a good 150-200 feet through the woods to my truck he says "And that's why you never skip leg day"

I laughed... I skipped full body "day" most of my life LOL

Haha! Right? The man is seriously tough though.

And that's only about a 3rd of the haul. A lot was given away. The picture beside my shop that has the machax in it was all that i kept. The rest went to my father, step brother, brother in law and a friend.

But there's plenty more to get.

It's all in walking distance from my home. I find it while I'm hiking with Battle.

Thanks brother!

Mine fell just watching him :D

Thanks man! I'll definitely give that a try!! I have went through 3 chainsaw blades in the last 6 months, and it's not like I'm even using it everyday... so I'll try anything at this point LOL

The Warrior likes this.
  7. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Me and Curt seen this guy right beside the fat lighter stump. He was working on that beetle before we startled him. One of the biggest ones i have seen around here.

And i got a new toy a couple weeks ago. My regular ride on craftsman was dying on me. Took forever to start. Had to put my hand over the air filter hole multiple times and choke it out to get it started. The battery was dead. Wouldn't hold a charge. And it needed new tires... We said screw it.

This was made possible thanks to a "sLOWES" credit card and my military discount lol

Xr6x, Tanker 1/66 and The Warrior like this.
  8. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    @worldwood Thank you for your service Brother

Xr6x and worldwood like this.
  9. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    @worldwood What part of Florida are you from. I'm a Lake County Tavares swamp gas myself

10. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    "Swamp Gas" LOL

Im only about an hour and a half or so from you then! About 30 minutes south of Gainesville in between 2 small towns of Archer and Bronson. Mail comes from Archer but kids go to school in Bronson.

Correction... Looks like closer to 2 hours from you...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Tanker 1/66 likes this.
  11. Tanker 1/66

May 18, 2015
    Up Paynes Prairie Way I guess

worldwood likes this.
  12. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    About 30 minutes west of PP.

13. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Some of you who have met me at Becker West know that I dig slipjoint knives. Most production Traditional patterned slipjoints are usually made in 1095 or 440A and to get anything in a more premium steel you usually have to pay considerable amounts of money and are often in the realm of customs at that point.

Well, I just picked up this little beauty and it is simply sweet. M390 steel / titanium liners, bolsters, and screws / Ram's Horn covers. All the makings of a pretty sweet little slipjoint. I shouldn't say "little", it fills the hand quite comfortably.

[​IMG]

Xr6x, The Warrior, worldwood and 2 others like this.
  14. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I didn't know Lionsteel made slippies, @Pàdruig ! That's a pretty sweet one, too!

That's always been one of my main reasons to avoid slippies is the carbon-steeled blades, I have a hard enough time with my Beckers I doubt I'd be able to maintain a proper uncoated carbon blade on a folder. Nice to know there's other steels available that aren't from guys like T.A. Davison.

15. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    This knife is a collaborative effort between LionSteel and one of our supporting vendors here. He has had some pretty good success with these knives and he also has a couple of other collaborations in the works too, a Barlow style similar to the one pictured above but with a clip style blade (also with LionSteel) and a EZ Open teardrop shadow pattern (with another Italian company, Viper).

They all present fantastic values and don't even come close to what you have to pay for Bose or Davidson knives. Nice knives, but damn, I don't want to be paying prices that often linger north and south of a grand....

I did a bit of a review on the knife here: Lion Steel "Roundhead" Euro-Barlow

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  16. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Nice slipjoint!!

I actually have a new Lionsteel TM-1 heading to me next week. Along with this guy here..

Mark McCoun hawk. 4140 head. Curly maple haft.

Going to prolly watch some YouTube videos on wrapping... I'd love to do a good turks head wrap... Last time i tried i gave up though lol so i may just wrap it regularly.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  17. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    If anyone is looking for a Birudashi, let me know.

Getting ready to start a sale thread, and would rather sell it to a Beckerhead.

I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.

Goes to show, you just never know.

Ok. I'll stop now. Don't have a cow.

zfJames likes this.
  18. cbwoods67

cbwoods67 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Probably going to to put the knife up for sale too, among others

[​IMG]

worldwood and The Warrior like this.
  19. KingMC

KingMC The Pun-isher Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    No more rhymes, and I mean it!

20. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    A huge transformation!

From this...

To this...

@razor-edge-knives never disappoints. This thing is freakishly sharp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.