Parkerized Machetes

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Hey guys. One of the benefits of moving into the new shop is all the businesses around us. Well, at the other end of our building is a business that specializes in Duracoat finishes, and general refinishing of guns. So I went down there with the machetes, and they are going to do a few with camo patterns, and they did this one with parkerizing. This stuff is tough. Plus, before putting on the finish, they have to sand blast the whole piece. The look is stunning.

Also, note that this is the new batch of 12"ers. The only difference is the 1/4" pinhole size. Thanks for looking!

Edited to add that I am going to start having them do a few of these from time to time, and a few of the digital camo and other patterns too. I hope y'all like them.

20120427DSC00159-vi.jpg

20120427DSC00160-vi.jpg

Andy, thats cool! I'm glad to see some new finishes come out for the Machetes. Do you have any idea on the price for a Parkerized Machete?

They look Great Andy and i like the new 1/4" holes and the new finishes sounds like a winner. I can't wait to get my 12" machete, hey you keep changing these around and i'm going to have to get more. What the Hey! :D

Fantastic! Make me one with a Black / Black / Orange stripped handle please :D

Andy, thats cool! I'm glad to see some new finishes come out for the Machetes. Do you have any idea on the price for a Parkerized Machete?

Great Question Heber! The parkerizing adds $20 to the price. I am going to get samples and post them with pricing as soon as they get it to me.

They look Great Andy and i like the new 1/4" holes and the new finishes sounds like a winner. I can't wait to get my 12" machete, hey you keep changing these around and i'm going to have to get more. What the Hey! :D

Thanks! When you get to your third, let me know and I'll throw the fourth in free!

Fantastic! Make me one with a Black / Black / Orange stripped handle please :D

Right now I am just getting whatever finish they're spraying on guns that day. They're going to do four for me. These guys are the Duracoat Guru's!

That would be done direct with that business. I'm not handling shipping back and fourth.

No. Dylan (by far the best at kydex of all of us) wasn't too impressed with how kydex handles on such a thin bladed tool. If he can't do it none of us can.

Sure. The parkerizing adds $20. $120 for the piece, $10 to ship.

Congratulations on the smooth business connection. That is cool. EDIT: that parkerized finish is nice looking. spot on.

I saw your first picture, and though I didn't want to jump into another new forum and post. I did want to say that in your first picture, I saw a flared tube slabed handle and a oddly shaped but very sexy borong in the first photo.

If you were to make a borong along various lengths like your machete 14", 12" I would be all over them. Nobody knows survival like the Filipino's, the borong is a solid tool.

Sorry I know it is just the angle it's presented at. But seeing that blade look like it had a deep belly, caused me to look at it differently.

Thanks for hearing me jump in with my two cents.

Back