Passaround = Koster BushMaster

Just need to hear from a few more.....:thumbup:

come on guys. i want to hold this baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get off your butts and sign in

bold out the ones who have responded so the rest of us can hound the others to get er done!

I sent Joseph (Stump_250) an email letting him know to contact you Dan.

this thread is "stickied" for now, by the way. :D

bushMASTERS on their way to Heavy as of 12:00p.m. today.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks again Daniel,

Brett

I have a Busscraft on order but the Bushmaster is incredible (also).
The Buschraft will likely do 99% of what I need a knife for but it sure would be nice to have one just a little bigger too (granted, these are different in other ways). I went straight to the "orders" page and tried to order one of these when I read this thread. OK, I'm a "newbie" in these parts - it's not a productin model yet. I am catching on.

So, Dan, if you read this, I would like to cast a vote from outside the passaround circle for this one.

Jeff H

Thanks for the update, bdws1975. :thumbup:

Jeff - yes, it's not yet in production....I need to get a few more reviews done first...I want this one to be solid in every way...counting on the reviewers to be fair, honest and to give it a good workout. :thumbup:

Blades are safely with Heavy.

Pics will go up tonight.

I LOVE these is my initial impression. The Natural Micarta is in the lead because it does not have that tapered tang. Gives it more heft.

awesome! glad they made it safe and sound. Always hold my breath anytime I ship something.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think that my opinion is shifting in favor of the tapered tang. It just feels more comfortable in the normal "food prep" grip. I don't know why though since both handles look the same as far as thickness and shape.

I have deanimated a few boxes that were eyeballing me funny and these things slice with no problem.

The only thing I worry about is the thin tip. Seems to me like it might not stand up to battoning and such but since I won't get a chance to take these out in the woods that is pure speculation.

I'll play with them a little more tomorrow and then they'll be off.

Great news - thanks!

Looking forward to the review.

:thumbup:

Ok.

Well I am kind of bummed that my turn came in the middle of a work week when it is raining. :thumbdn: But them is the breaks.

Anyhow.

The handles: :thumbup: Perfect. Big enough for these hams with fingers I got. Shape is perfect.

Tang: Love the tapered which goes against my first reaction. It just gives the knife a great balance. I would like the natural canvas on those though. Better grip.

Thumb ramp cutout things...I vote yes. I don't know why.

The blade grind is high and these things are sharp. They zip through cardboard and have no problem in food prep. I still feel like the tip might not stand up to batoning as they are ground pretty thin.

Thanks for the pass Dan.

These will be on there way tomorrow.

Yea sucky weather for some it seems. Good words for the bushmaster so far it seems. Dan you need to get busy ordering some steel!!!

Back