Passing through the Pasture Gate

Bawanna

Halloween is my last day at the Police Department. The pasture gate is open so I don't have to climb over the fence to the greener pasture.

Hopefully more time and lots of it to do the things I want to do and a few less hours doing the things I have to do.

Little over two and half days to go and counting.

A bit more time to help out Yangdu and lots more sawdust on gun grips and such.
Looking forward to it.

I surely send you all my best for true greener pastures. I think you will thrive and HI will benefit too :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ray

Grats brother, enjoy it man, now ya got time for fun stuff!!!!!

Thought I might drive back and visit ya. If you let me borrow that knife in your avatar maybe we could wrestle some gators and such. You can keep the skins for your magic and I'll make us a necklace out of the teeth.
My daughter and her family are actually just getting home as we speak from your neck of the woods.
Son in Laws family is all from around Charlotte as I recall. Wait.......you North or South Carolina, never can remember.
Think about that gator wrestlin and get back to me. And the knife, don't forget the knife.

There goes Bawanna
headin' fer the gate.
Grease up them wheels
'cause you don't wanna be late!
Happy retirement!

Grats Bawanna! Thats too awesome! Stay healthy my friend, live long, make lots of 1911 grips, and enjoy every minute of it!

Thought I might drive back and visit ya. If you let me borrow that knife in your avatar maybe we could wrestle some gators and such. You can keep the skins for your magic and I'll make us a necklace out of the teeth.
My daughter and her family are actually just getting home as we speak from your neck of the woods.
Son in Laws family is all from around Charlotte as I recall. Wait.......you North or South Carolina, never can remember.
Think about that gator wrestlin and get back to me. And the knife, don't forget the knife.
God I wish we were closer to one another, we could definitely get in some trouble, then add the Amigos...... Oh man. I am in SC about 4 hours from Charlotte. My door is always open brother!!! And yes you can use the knife!!

Two days from retirement from the police force! You did not just tempt fate by saying that out loud. You just know you are going to get partnered with some smart ass newbie, and have to chase down an international drug ring.

Congratulations man!

I'm just an office puke so not much chasing for me. But we did have some live action today. Hyped up nut case handcuffed and in a cell going crazy, banging his head and fighting. Had 5 of us holding him down for probably minutes till they finally got an aid car with a gurney they could tie him down too.
Only about the 3rd or 4th time in 22 years I got to play with the boys and girls.
Told the Chief who was in on the action that if he got me some live action once or twice a week I'd follow his request and stay a couple more years.

Congrats old man! Enjoy, your retirement is well earned. Now you have more time to help us poor souls who still need to work.

Now you have more time to visit Auntie, and It's close enough, where with a little heads up, I can meet you there!

Late to the party again? I’ve been out here in the pasture just over a year. The birds are singing sweetly and the cow patties are warm between the toes.

Liyu Tiao Long Men

Last edited:
One Bawanna fly over the Khukri nest yet? I can send ya something to checker if it helps! I remember when my father in law finally crashed through that barbwire fence! Man he was driving us all nuts. He finally decided to go back to work for the hell of it but eventually returned to the pasture. Just checkin on ya brother;)

I haven't gotten the hang of that and still can't grasp that I don't have to work anymore. I still lay me head down early but don't get my head up so early in the morning.
One of the guys dads told me everyday is saturday and the day don't start till noon. I was thinking 10 but noon is good.
Lots of tinkering going on, so many different directions I'm not really focused.

Congratulations on your retirement. I’m eligible to retire this month but decided to work a couple of more years I’ll I reach my full SS retirement. The great thing at this point is no pressure from this point on. It’s all gravy from here. I need to come up with some hobbies though. There always seems to be plenty of work around the house. The Ozarks keep you pretty busy!
Man I’m happy for you!

Best wishes to you on your future free time!
I swear that you will have less free time now than when you worked.
At least that has been my experience. YMMV

Does seem like I don't know how I ever had time to work. I'm dealing with my mom headed for a family assisted living home and sorting out her affairs which I find I'd much rather go back to work.
Mostly I looked forward to not being told what to do and when to do it all the time, I've found nothing changed in that respect at all, if anything it's even worse.
I'll get the hang of this retirement thing one of these days. I am getting pretty good at not getting up so early, that parts easy.
Thought I could stay up till the wee hours but still find myself heading for the pillow pretty early..... I'll keep working on that.

Sure was nice not to have to be any place this morning. I didn't do a whole lot of drinking last night but wife had friends over and somehow I managed to stay awake till after midnight. Just plumb didn't feel like getting up this morning but here I am.
Saturdays again.......

Back