Past Ebay Auction...Not all Seals are Seals...and that Seals it!

Ebay Item 221027448763 now Sold.....for anyone interested it was removed 3 times as a listing by Ebay because the word Seal was mentioned, and Ebay automatically scans and assumes that a Seal must be the endangered species being sold on Ebay, rather than 'The Great Seal of Continental Congress' Bald Eagle Commemorative' by Schrade of 1982..no amount of arguing with them will alter their minds...they dont want to be confused with facts...until their stupidity is held up like a mirror to them in their listing.......same with the word Scrimshaw...to them it simply MUST be ivory.....even if told its cream Delrin....probably a few hundred true Ivory Scrimshaws exist against the literally millions of plastic based Scrimshaws..but makes little difference to Ebay....pity they weren't as pedantic in restricting the listing of fake Schrade Waldens.......Hoo Roo

Larry, that IS ridiculous, never even knew until now that seal was a "bad" Ebay word. That's really taking things a bit too far. I do like the note you wrote to them though, very entertaining:D

Eric

Funny!!! and sad :mad: Actually when it comes to economics humans are perhaps an endangered species to answer your hilarious note.

Big bureaucracies are all automated as much as possible these days to avoid paying all those pesky employees. Don't get me started on "phone trees"! I hate dealing with any company that won't miss your business if you leave. They tend to treat their customers like crap to improve their bottom-line. Upset customers are a calculated and excepted expense and it work's out cheaper for them to piss off the few to avoid having to serve the many. %^$#@*!!!!!

I usually try to stick to the knives and leave my beliefs for elsewhere but large, stupid organizations that are unwilling to deal with anything out of the ordinary really tick me off. Here that Telus? Fortis? RCMP? lol No Schrade for you!

Larry, that IS ridiculous, never even knew until now that seal was a "bad" Ebay word. That's really taking things a bit too far. I do like the note you wrote to them though, very entertaining:D

Eric

Hi Erc and Larry,
I used another bad word on eBay and had a knife band – I said it had a BONE Handle.
I also tried to explain “the bone came from a Moo Cow and that I eat them some times”
The only words eBay understand is : PAY THIS AMOUNT or YOU NEED TO PAY US.
Talking about Seals and Moo Cows will not make money for eBay…and ebay is all about $$$$$$ ... Ken

Hi Dave,
truer words have never been spoken!
Saying that upset customers are a calculated and excepted expense and it works out cheaper for them to piss off the wingers.

BY THE WAY DAVE, YOU NEED A HAIRCUT Old Mate.

Last edited:
BY THE WAY DAVE, YOU NEED A HAIRCUT Old Mate.

lol Ken. Truth be told I shave my head bald but the pic cracks me up. That's Andre the Giant as "Bionic Bigfoot". He scared the heck out of me when I was six and I have been re-viewing all the Six Million Dollar Man episodes again as an adult. Now it's just cheesy and hilarious...

Seven minutes of B-movie Gold!

[video=youtube;6SZMn_711s4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SZMn_711s4[/video]

Last edited:
Back