Photos Patina Pics, Let's see what ya got!

Phixt Phixt
That cleaver would make a fantastic canvas for a nice kitchen knife built similar to a TOPS Frog Market Special. If not for a kitchen itself, but a nice camp kitchen knife.

I don't know if these qualify as patina exactly, but they do show some signs of use:

Extrema%20Ratio%20RAO_zpscnltna2s.jpg

Bob%20Dozier%20Workhorse_zps2ad44c6e.jpg

From the top:
1. 2008 Case Mini Trapper with a broken spey blade and yellow synthetic handle that I salvaged. I made it a single blade knife with antique paper micarta scales.
2. Opinel #9 with a Gun Blue and Bleach patina.
3. The first and only knife I've ever made. This is NOT a kit knife. The blade is O1 and the handle is black canvas micarta. Pins, shield, bolsters and liners are nickel silver. I started with bar stock O1, nickel silver and micarta slabs. I even did the heat treat, temper and blade etch! Holds an edge beautifully. It has a half stop and the spring sits flush in the closed, half and open positions.
4. Case Sodbuster Jr. that I modified. I changed the scales from synthetic yellow to natural canvas micarta and added a different shield.

Patina.jpg

Last edited:
This is one I forced on my D2 Cutjack. It wasn't easy, I tried mustard and citrus(lemons and oranges) with no luck. I finally got something with hot vinegar. It's a bit stronger then what shows up in the pic.
1uPPeKx.jpg

Last edited:
This hasn't been around in a minute! I know there.is a lot of gorgeous patina out there!!
BHK lil bushie with coffee grounds patina!IMG_20200226_064512.jpg IMG_20200226_064503.jpg

OK, I know friends from the Becker sub-forum are probably tired of me posting this one and purist may or may not agree with the forced patina, but this is one of the best forced patina I made on one of my all time favorite fixed blades:

Ylv19RC.jpg

uAtegD3.jpg

Wow, that's wicked!!! How the hell did you do that!! Definitely eye catching

Back