Paul Chen Tactical Tanto Issues!

NRG

Hey guys...just got one of these today...does anybody know how to un-sheath the knife??? I can't for the life of my get it out the sheath...I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's broke. PLease help... :mad:

By this picture, it looks likes maybe you need to push in (towards the sheath) on the bottom of the lever while drawing the knife. I don't have one but it looks like that catch needs to be released somehow.
Regards,
Greg
m7zsy

NRG

That's what I figured...there's something wrong with the sheath. I don't think I want another either...if this what I can expect of "high quality" China made...I'll stick to my American made knives any day!

DEA

however you decide to unsheath it, please wear cut resistant gloves when you do it
i have this unsettling image of the knife flying out at high velocity when it finally makes it past the catch :eek:

If the catch is secured to the sheath with a screw of some kind I would suggest just taking it off before you try and force anything in any way. DEA brings a very valid point, I saw a poor soul at a gun show get a very unpleasent surprise when he yanked a knife from it's sheath.

His hands were ok, his chin on the other hand...

NRG said:
Hey guys...just got one of these today...does anybody know how to un-sheath the knife??? I can't for the life of my get it out the sheath...I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's broke. PLease help... :mad:

There is a spring loaded catch on the top of the handle just behind the guard. Push down and withdraw. The blade goes in and out of the sheath amazingly smoothly.

Drew

Ilovetoolsteel said:
There is a spring loaded catch on the top of the handle just behind the guard. Push down and withdraw. The blade goes in and out of the sheath amazingly smoothly.

Drew

True story. It's... really not that difficult to find.
I mean, the button is on the picture even.

NRG

There must have been something wrong with the latch and or the sheath. The sheath finally came off...bad news...all the stuff in the sheath came out with it. When you try to re-sheath the knife it's a struggle and you can here the blade scratching. I don't know...I must of got a bad egg here. I'm very dissapointed to say the least.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear this NRG. I had always heard good things about the Tac tantos.

How is the knife? Good grinds, sharp, well constructed?