Payment in cash - question to Bill Matino?

Mr. Martino,
I m living in Czech Republic and dont have credit card. Would you accept just cash, if I send it in registred letter? I think this is honest and fast methode. (Mean I ll send the money and then you send me the khukri) :)
I really like to get my hand on one of HI khuks.
I wrote you an email concerning this, but I m unsure if you got it.
If yes, what will be shipping fee to Czech?

Thanks
Jaroslav Petrina

How about international money orders from a bank? Dunno...

You'll probably get a quicker answer if you e-mail Uncle Bill directly. As for shipping, the costs will depend on what you order and how heavy it is.

I thought you were going to say something crazy, Bruise; like some of that uranium from the former Soviet Union would be acceptable in lieu of money....

munk

Nasty

Chief Cook & Bottle Wash
Some of that uranium from the former Soviet Union would be acceptable in lieu of money....

Sometimes I can't think of anything "wise" to say, so in order to increment my post count I have to post something mildly informative. :(

"Sometimes I can't think of anything "wise" to say, so in order to increment my post count I have to post something mildly informative."

Hey Bruisee, you're about to hit 4,000 posts... :eek: must have been a little of everything in all those...

AA

Well some of the burned out uranium stuff isnt hard to come by here, but I m only interested in 15´´ sirupati. :) I just got an email from my kinsman, he actually done it (sent the money) and got the 2 knives without a much of problem.

But generally apart of 30 years of occupation I do hope we dont have anything common with russians. We are after all western country.

I m just checking if mr. Martino got my mail. I sent it via my usual and yahoo account, so hope it will get where it shall. :) :)

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
re: 4000 posts.....

(pulling up a bowl of popcorn....) :D :p

hawkwind - Welcome to the Cantina!!

munk said:
I thought you were going to say something crazy, Bruise; like some of that uranium from the former Soviet Union would be acceptable in lieu of money....

munk

Just to make you sure - Czech Republic is not a part of former or present Soviet Union.

But you are sadly right. All the Czech uranium was exploited by Soviet Union. Political prisoners had to mine the bare ore with little tools. Lot of them paid for it with their lives - like my uncle who was sentenced for 13 years forced labors just for political reasons.

cosco

Cosco- was not Chech invaded by Soviet Tanks and held if not proprietarily, at least as a kind of political puppet for many years? No historian here.

>>>>>>>>>

Just image that fateful day when the HI Cantina gets the Bomb.....

munk

Hmmm, I wonder how deleted uranium holds an edge. Khuk would be the size of a 15" Kobra but hit like a 25" AK... :D

Czech was taken by armies of Warsaw pact states in 1968. We had about 1,5 milion russians here then, but they must depart after a "revolution" in early 1990´ . This is quite a contingent considering that there is roughly 10 milions czechs, which in case of necessity might provide 300 000 men army. :/

I visited Praha / Prague for a short time in the middle 1980's. It was a very beautiful and interesting city. I don't know speak Czech but somehow managed to chat with people who spoke no English. Czechs are good people -- you should be proud!

The idea of a depleted uranuim has been mulled over at SFI at least once. The concensus was that the radiation, while less than non-depleted, would still kill the smith and user.

Just in case you aren't kidding and so that people don't think that it might work.