Recommendation? Pelicase or alterntatives?

Hello
I am considering to go for a pelicase 1500 with nalpak 44 knives foam inserted my knife storage

I like the idea of using foam + case.
It is easy to tidy and the knives are safe

However, compared to a roll or a drawer, I think it may be bulky...
does anyone has experience, feedbacks or alternatives ?

what do you think of this solution?

It will be bulky, and may be overkill unless you are going to travel with it. I used smaller Pelican cases a lot for moto touring, to keep stuff like cigars and the cell phone dry during river crossings.

I have a Plano case with the 55 slot Nalpak insert and it works nicely. I had to modify it to fit correctly and also accommodate a row of pick and pull foam for slipjoints.

BAC12083-FB59-4F60-AEA5-339C366D446A.jpeg Someone bought me the Harbor Freight case. It works great. It has little squares you can pull out to custom fit the case to just about anything.

Last edited:
View attachment 1337041 Someone bought me the Harbor Freight case. It works great. It has little squares you can pull out to custom fit the case to just about anything.

I have the Harbor freight one too, it's a great price. I wouldn't trust it to be as robust as a Pelican case, but in this case I don't need it to be. I got it right before I moved, and it worked perfectly for transporting my collection. It has holes that fit a standard padlock too.

I use the Apache from Harbor Freight for transporting my throwing knives to competitions - easily carries triplets of my no-spin knives, my 2 sets of IKTHOF bowies, my 2 sets Mountain Man bowies, and Kabar Thunderhorse throwers. The knives slide in between the foam cubes without any of them needing to be removed.

Back