1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pens

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Apr 28, 2018.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I know you all collect knives, and some collect flashlights, but does anyone else like pens? I've got several I like, but would like to see more.

2. rdrogers

rdrogers Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Yeah I like them, too. I have a couple of Parkers, a few Fisher Space Pens, and a Cross fountain pen. Have a Machine Era brass pen that takes Pilot G2 refills that I like a lot. It’s heavy and feels good in hand.
    I’ve had to curb my urge. I spend too much on knives and flashlights already. Can’t let myself do that with pens. There are a lot of cool custom designs out there, though.

JK Knives likes this.
  3. Simplejack

Simplejack Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2017
    I have one with the first regiment I served ins crest. It's packet now though.

JK Knives likes this.
  4. greatscoot

greatscoot It's called a "Clip" Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I have wayyyy too many. I will take some pics and post them.

Simplejack and JK Knives like this.
  5. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    672212CA-0A99-48CE-B57C-664B4880D09A.jpeg Since I got a Waterman Boucheron pen, I have stopped rotating through my collection.

Simplejack likes this.
  6. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I have an older Retro 51 Tornado in machined checkered-flag that I have had for 15 years or so. I also have a nice ZT prototype aluminum pen that I carry daily, and a couple other ZT Ti pens.

I like a nice pen, but I would not consider myself any kind of collector of them.

best

mqqn

7. Elgin

Elgin Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Way too many pens here too. Nothing super fancy. Mostly Parker, Cross and Duke.

8. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I carry a ti-bolt daily and I love it. I had a couple of Hinderer investigators that I lost. I liked them, but the bolt is more convienent and more substantial so it's harder to lose.

9. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    I've got the hots for this one :
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Hinderer-Knives-Titanium--50910

I have this one and highly recommend it. I EDC it daily at work. Be aware it is a fountain pen (my favorite) but it does take tuning and some maintenance. I love seeing that wet ink on the paper ! ! !
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Schrade-Tactical-Pen-Tactical--8189
    IMG_3263.jpg

What is the best writing ball point on the planet bar non ? ( I won't even listen to talk about there being anything better). Space pen . . . bahhhhh . . . I have several . . . do you really need to write while laying on your back ? I don't.
    Recently I cut down the core of the pen below to fit in my Space pen. No joke. Works MUCH better.

THIS is the best writing pen on the planet. Seven dollars to the box of twelve. (! ! ! )
    The BIC Velocity
    https://www.amazon.com/BIC-Velocity...78210&sr=8-2&keywords=bic+velocity+pens+black

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  10. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    Wanna hot rod your space pen ?
    BIC Velocity !
    (don't cut it too short)
    IMG_5166.jpg
    IMG_5167.jpg

Simplejack likes this.
  11. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    DSCN3115.JPG

The Cross on the far left went to China with me on two different trips, it's one of my favorites.
    From the left Cross, Cross, Beretta, Fisher, Fisher, Kershaw, and a no name.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Simplejack likes this.
  12. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    Here’s three I like and use a lot. Space pen rides with the field notes notebook. Space pen capomatic rides I my pack. I like the fine blue refills in those. The brass Machine Era pen takes pilot G2 refills. I also like fine blue in that one too.

[​IMG]

JK Knives likes this.
  13. Simplejack

Simplejack Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2017
    I like that brass one

14. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Me too!

15. rdrogers

Jul 19, 2010
    If it had a clip it would be perfect. It’s my favorite.

16. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I love pens that write well and are smooth. Don't have a bunch but I was gifted a surefire pen and I love it.

17. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    A few Cross Pens, I have a couple metal tubular pens (not Cross) that I cannot find filters for,it is just so cool to take the cap off and feel a good solid barrel but a shame I cannot use them. Let's see some more.

JK Knives likes this.
  18. ty_higg

ty_higg Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2011
    I just recently got into pens especially fountain pens love the way they write just wish they weren't so expensive. I do have a brass Karas Kustoms ball point and a Karas Kustoms Copper fountain pen coming in the mail I'm pretty excited for.

JK Knives likes this.
  19. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    The no-name was given to us by Uncle Bill at a Michigan gathering. I still have it and the flashlight that he gave us, and both still work! I keep the flashlight in the console of my truck, just replaced the batteries for the first time, and the pen I used daily until I got the ZT.

THanks Uncle Bill!!

best

mqqn

20. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I can't remember the last time I bought a pen.
    I only have one fancy pen, hand made by forum member Dopic1.
    Other than that I use pens I pick here and there from various merchants.

[​IMG]

JK Knives likes this.