Pentagon Elite Question?

cOLD said:
yeah, with that big blade it shoots out there quick...I have to take it easy because I have slammed it out so hard that the blade bounces back before I can release the slider...this knife is groing on me more and more...at first I was going to sell it because I kept telling myself it was too big, but I ordered a sheath for it today so...;)

cOLD, I got my PE-II in August of last year. Got a LEather sheath from Dwayne of Armorall Leather (leatherman on the forums) this spring. It works great!! All the good things said about the knife are true. It's an awesome knife!! :D

Heber

I'm adding gas to a fire here, but my PEI is so smooth I don't even have to flick it open.... I can just pull back the lock and extend my arm about a foot, not even very hard, and the darn thing just slips right out. I get the feeling you could scare the everliving bejesus out of somebody with this one.... :D

I like to sit and open and close my folders while I am reading books or forums...anyway, as I am searching old post on the forums tonight I was increasingly opening the PEII harder and harder...well not paying attention I bounced the blade back and cut a nice 3/8" slice into the tip of the "next-to-the-pinky-finger" ...Doh!
I like to pull on the slide with my thumb and index finger and as the slider "bumps" the blade out I flik my wrist a little and then (try to) release the slider as the blade is hitting that "stop pin". Well my finger tip slipped just slightly over the edge of the handle and I wasn't fast enough to release the slider quickly enough and...ouchy!
recently, ;) I found that the "new and improved" way is to just give the "thumb post" on the blade a little nudge and slightly flik the wrist and the blade comes out just as (impressively! lol) quickly and no fingers pay the price...Now it's settled though, I can't sell a knife after it's tasted my blood :D
lol
I got a harsey tactical sheath for it, but I wouldn't mind getting a leather sheath eventualy...I carried it around today for the fun of it and even had cause to use it at my friends house that is getting built right now, I pulled it out to cut some nylon cord and a couple of the workers were looking at me funny, ha-ha! what's the matter? you never seen an 11" string cutter before?
In the last month I have gotten a benchmade 552, spyderco delica, one-hand trekker, and the PEII...and even though the 552 is my EDC, the PEII has to be the funnest of them all!

Count

nutz_about_knives said:
Would you mind if you explain how the knife works??? Especially the closing part please. Thanks.

I'll give it a try, here's some pics to save me a few thousand words too ;)

Here is the PEII and my Benchmade 552 side by side, you can get a feel for just how big the PEII is...

sidebyside2xw.jpg

Here is a detail of the locking mechanism...

frontdetail2ug.jpg

notice how the blade pushes the slide lock back as it opens....If you just hold that slider back, the blade will just "fall" out it's so smooth...

opening4ep.jpg

Once it's fully open the slide lock goes back to the original position and it locks the blade open...all you need to do it pull the slider "back" again and the blade is free to close exactly like it opened...opening the slide lock makes the blade "freewheel" so to speak...It's so smooth that the slightest flick of the wrist will send it opening or closing with a lot of force!!!

open3eq.jpg

...just remember to be carefull, lol!

dsc000165rc.jpg

I hope that answers your questions...

Count

WOW, great post!!! those pictures are really detailed too.:):thumbup: If you guys keep this up not only am i going to have to buy one, but I'll go bankrupt also.:D

OK.........who is getting one of these monsters ? Me ? I don't think so, maybe not..... :eek: ........well maybe so.........it depends on how weak I am when I go to Smoky knife works on sunday.

Right now I'm really strong.................well, pretty strong.. :(

Robbie Roberson ;)

Thanks a lot cOLD!! That really cleared my doubts.... People used to talk about how to open one: pull back slider, give a small wrist-flick. However they never or seldom talk about how to close it. So I guess what happened to you is that you held back the slider but forgot to release it once the blade was locked, so it snapped back? That's dangerous. Ouch.

cold i have just become addicted to spydercos!!!!! i want a harpy soooooooooooooooo bad! have you ever seen a scarier folder? its 140 aussie dollars i`m gonna get it next week no matter what

SIRGALANT said:
cold i have just become addicted to spydercos!!!!! i want a harpy soooooooooooooooo bad! have you ever seen a scarier folder? its 140 aussie dollars i`m gonna get it next week no matter what

My my! Looks like the addiction has really got to you. Its time to go "cold turkey"! No more looking at knives for a few weeks. :D

I finally got my sheath, it's a Lone Wolf Harsey tactical sheath system, lol!...long name but nice sheath, fits the PE II perfect, doesn't move around or rattle inside. the sheath has like 120 different ways to attach it ;) It has regular sized belt loop, 3 1/2 inch belt loop, Large strap with button snap that would work with a MOLE attachment, 2 grommeted holes for lashing, and a plastic clip to attach to a caribiner or the like...It has a fold over flap with an adjustable nylon strap and buckle...very well made!

dsc000028rz.jpg

Back