• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pepe Jalomo Small Trapper - CHEAP User

Status
Not open for further replies.

d.2.the.p

Gold Member
First unconditional "I'll take it" followed with prompt communication and payment gets it. The price includes PayPal fees and USPS shipping in the US. For any questions, please either PM me here or email me at david[.]patenaude1[@]gmail[.]com. Thanks for looking!

Pepe Jalomo Small Trapper - SOLD
If you're into pristine, unused tools for whatever reason, this is not the knife you are looking for. Move along. It has a CPM-154 blade with a hand-rubbed satin finish. It is 3 5/8" closed with OD green canvas micarta covers over copper liners with a copper shield. The action is snappy with a medium pull around 5-6. It recently went through the washer and dryer, and it came out with what we'll call a rustic tumbled finish on the covers, liners, and backspring and the very tip of the wharncliffe blade had snapped off. I sent it back to Pepe, and he cleaned up the covers, backspring, and liners as best he could and reground the blade, giving it the slight belly it now has. The regrind raised the tip of the blade so it stood proud of the blade well, so I filed the kick down as seen in the pictures, so the finish on the underside of the kick doesn't match the rest of the satin blade. To be honest, this knife is still awesome and really just looks pocket-worn and well-loved, but I just wanted to be up front about its journey. I'm throwing in a leather slip if you're into that kind of thing.
TePCNZUl.jpg

8FyalYTl.jpg

7Pjyfdwl.jpg

mGBeX8yl.jpg

azY7G3zl.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back