Perfecting the Crooked River with $2.00!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMCGear

Gold Member
Thread updated:

Sold the knife. The dye didn't stay as long as I had hoped. It would scratch/rub off. I suggest buying a spacer from @ROGUE BLADEWORKS rather than trying to dye it.

Last edited:
Looks good! Not a fan of the orange backspacer either, but I actually like the pivot ring. Thinking about sending mine to Keyman for some ironwood and standoffs. Or I may attempt a rit dye myself. Either way, this design is a winner and needs a mini version, 3.25-3.5" blade.

Cool post, Bluemetal. I completely agree regarding always returning to Benchmade -and also about wanting a mini Crooked River! That would be one excellent, classy edc knife.

Good job dying the G10. I happen to like the orange but could envision a huge variety of cool combinations on this knife. Your black G10 is one of them. :thumbup:

Looks good! Not a fan of the orange backspacer either, but I actually like the pivot ring. Thinking about sending mine to Keyman for some ironwood and standoffs. Or I may attempt a rit dye myself. Either way, this design is a winner and needs a mini version, 3.25-3.5" blade.

Those ironwood scales are sweet. For a knife like this I prefer a composite for durability though.

Cool post, Bluemetal. I completely agree regarding always returning to Benchmade -and also about wanting a mini Crooked River! That would be one excellent, classy edc knife.

Good job dying the G10. I happen to like the orange but could envision a huge variety of cool combinations on this knife. Your black G10 is one of them. :thumbup:

Thanks bro. If the knife had stand offs or maybe a flat G10 scale like the 710 the orange may have sat better with me. Wasn't a fan of the geared orange, myself. :)

I love this knife though!

Thread updated:

I ended up buying another Crooked River after selling my first that I dyed. I couldn't live with the orange backspacer on this one either so you get some new pics. :)

I tried rit dye in blue on my backspacer but it wouldn't take; I wound up coloring it with an artists market it came out a copper brown color; good enough hated the orange..

Can you please reup the photos?

And what about tell us about the process? Is it possible?

Thanks.

I don't have the pictures anymore as I sold the knife. Add water, dye, and vinegar to a pot and boil it. Once it boils add the spacer. I will say that the color didn't stay as long as I had hoped.

Rather than doing this I suggest buying a black G10 spacer from @ROGUE BLADEWORKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back