Persian fighter for the A.G. Russell Event

image_Bonus.asp
This is one that is going to Arkansas next weekend. My persian fighter model with a slightly shorter blade. Of course ironwood for the handle and 416 for the guard. The blade is W-2 from you know who through Ray Kirk. It has a Larry Parsons sheath. I will probably have a couple more which I will try to post as they get done.

Have a good one.

Brion

jdm61

itinerant metal pounder
Very nice, Brion. How big was the piece of ironwood when you started out?

Thank you Kyle, Brett, and Joe. I think it turned out well and I really like the W-2. The ironwood was a standard size block, about 5x1.5x1.75 inches. I then shaped it with the grinder then files to get the palm swell just the way I want it.
Thanks again

Brion

Danbo

Platinum Member
(lapsing into Paris Hilton mode for a moment), "That's Hot!" :D

Beautiful knife, Brion. See ya at the show, Brutha. :)

Way to go Brion. Your knives are amazing!!! I also was snooping over at Larrys so I have a foot up on the other one. Both amazing. Mike Miller

It's different and different can be good as it is in this case.
I too like the spine grind. Good action in the hamon.
Nice ironwood.

jdm61

itinerant metal pounder
The reason I asked is I spent a LOT of money on two absolutely stunning blocks of presentation grade ironwood burl at Blade, but they are the standard 1 x 1.5 x 5 and I don't really want to ue them on an hunters or other small knives because they are just too expensive. I'm trying to thing of ways to use them on bigger knives.

Lorien

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I've seen a few persian influenced knives out there by this Tomberlin character, and they have all been really nicely designed.
Brion Tomberlin- master of the Persian style blade!:thumbup:

Man,that W2 makes a fine looking hamon.
Beautiful fighter,Brion.
Hope we get to see more when you get them done.

Doug