PH1 and PH2 series...

Concerning these discontinued Pro Hunter models with the Loveless handle design, what type of material was used for their scales? I understand from some accounts that they were of phenolics. Does this family of materials include micarta? I have seen black, dark brown and burgundy colored handles. I understand that the burgundy color was micarta. Are any of the black or dark brown micarta? If not, what are they?

Tim, can you state the facts? Thanks.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

Hi Nakano,
I am reading this directly off the paperwork in the box from my Schrade-Loveless Hunter which was purchased June 2,1976.
-Delrin handle guaranteed to last the life of the knife.Thumb groove grip to provide extra control.
My handle is burgundy in color.It is serial numbered with number engraved on guard.

But nowhere do I see PH1 or PH2. It says RL-2 and suggested retail then was $100.
I should have my scanner working by tommorow night. Let me know if you want me to send a scan of the knife and paperwork.

------------------
Dave (Phil.4:13)
I Can Do All Things Through Him Who Strengthens Me
Lifter at work: www.profitness.com/Profiles/profileDaveAbramson

I guess most are busy with the holidays. Lifter, post those pics here. It's possible a lot of our members have seen this series of PHs and RLs but are not familiar with their model numbers. I know I can' t keep up with the Benchmades! Happy Holidays all!

L8r,
Nakano

The original PH1 & PH2 Pro Hunter had smooth black Delrin handles. We have through the years, however, used a lot of Micarta on these patterns for special & limited editions.

------------------
Tim Faust
Product Manager
www.schradeknives.com

Back