Phat Bob Folder in D2

Is there any official website and/or documentation surrounding this knife? I won mine in an in-person auction from Moose, but looking everywhere "official," I cannot find a single authoritative source explaining why the decision was made to make this edition, how many are available and any spec changes except for the obvious being the AUS-8 to D2 blade.

Last edited:
No.

Ken with Knives and More in OK commissioned them. He says he knows the KA-BAR pres. 1000 knife run, all numbered. Black micarta because he though people would like black better than green, sanded rough because they feel much better and are grippier so it'll stay in the pocket better. He chose D2 because of edge retention. Dunno why he picked phosphorous (?) washers.

Ken likes to talk; I'd be happy to give you his cellphone number if you want a lot of info on these :) I truly believe he's a major knife nut who recognized how ultra great the PB is and came up with some good improvements.

Deets from here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...Ka-Bar-4083-Custom-Bob-Dozier-Designed-Folder

* OVERALL LENGTH: 7.25 INCHES
* CLOSED LENGTH: 4.125 INCHES
* BLADE LENGTH: 3.125 INCHES BASE TO TIP and 2.875 INCHES OF CUTTING EDGE
* BLADE THICKNESS: 1/8 OF AN INCH (.125)
* BLADE STEEL: D-2 TOOL STEEL (59 ROCKWELL HARDNESS)
* BLADE GRIND: VERY NICE HOLLOW GRIND
* BLADE FINISH: BRUSHED SATIN
* HANDLE MATERIAL: BLACK MICARTA WITH SATIN FINISH (YEILDS A BETTER GRIP)
* LOCK STYLE: LINER LOCK
* LINER: BACK SPRING AND POCKET CLIP ARE MADE OF 420J2 STAINLESS STEEL
* CONDITION: NEW IN BOX
* OTHER FEATURES: BRONZE PHOSPHOR BUSHINGS, REVERSIBLE POCKET CLIP, SATIN FINISH MICARTA HANDLE, HEAVY DUTY LOCK-UP, NOTCHED THUMB REST, KNURLED THUMB STUD, AND A LANYARD HOLE

Last edited:
that sounds about right. his exclusive. not too hard to track down, but for the price? mmm, you could buy a couple regular ones and have change? likely :)

Sweet, I find it nothing short of pure awesome that people can have projects like these come to fruition.

Back