Phil Wilson Custom Fillet knife

Jim where do you get your strops from? I have my little stropman but I am desiring a little more for my fb's. I am looking for fixed blades only now after I got my bow river which made me buy 2 kreins! I have been using my bow river for all my little tasks and it still looks brand new and it is still as sharp as the day Phil sent it to me!

Ankerson,
Based on your reviews, I bought a hunting knife, a Bow River, from Mr. Wilson.
I have some other very nice hunting knives by well known makers, but what Phil Wilson does is truly on a level of its own for a knife that is really to be used.
The words are overused, but the only way to describe his work - exceptional and extraordinary.

Last edited:
Jim where do you get your strops from? I have my little stropman but I am desiring a little more for my fb's. I am looking for fixed blades only now after I got my bow river which made me buy 2 kreins! I have been using my bow river for all my little tasks and it still looks brand new and it is still as sharp as the day Phil sent it to me!

Congrats, what steel is it. :D

Glad to hear you like it. :)

Ankerson,
Based on your reviews, I bought a hunting knife, a Bow River, from Mr. Wilson.
I have some other very nice hunting knives by well known makers, but what Phil Wilson does is truly on a level of its own for a knife that is really to be used.
The words are overused, but the only way to describe his work - exceptional and extraordinary.

What Steel is it?

One really can't say enough about Phil's knives. :)

Mine is in s110v, I'm still trying to dull it so I can reprofile it which probably still won't be for a while.

Mine is in s110v, I'm still trying to dull it so I can reprofile it which probably still won't be for a while.

Yeah that will take awhile to get it dull. :D

Especially his S110V. ;)

I'm gonna try to get my hands on a drop point of his! Have you tried the filet on food prep yet?

Update. :D

Just chopped down a 3' pine tree with it.... No, not really. ROFL

Added the Specs to the 1st post. :)

Finished the rope cutting part of the testing today, it performed extremely well making 600 slicing cuts (Draw cuts) through 5/8" manila rope and would still slice printer paper easy, after that I stropped it like 6 times each side on a strop loaded with SIC from a Med Norton SIC stone and it was push cutting phone book paper.

The rest will be in the full review with photos after I finish the tasks and write it up. :)

That made me laugh. Sounds like it performs excellently so far. Look forward to reading your full review.

That made me laugh. Sounds like it performs excellently so far. Look forward to reading your full review.

It's a monster slicer being what it is, a fillet knife and as thin as the blade is. :)

Very nicely made Kydex sheath. I don't see those with much flair or style...but that one sure has it. A very nice rig.

Very nicely made Kydex sheath. I don't see those with much flair or style...but that one sure has it. A very nice rig.

Phil does a great job on his sheaths, everything one needs and nothing one doesn't need. :)

I like it and need another filet knife. Let me know if you need to thin the herd.

Back