1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Photo competition #3, with a difference -WINNERS ANNOUNCED + PICS OF PRIZES

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Campbellclanman, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Please see post # 156 for winners and prizes :D

With thanks to Ash, a new additional knife is also thrown in as an extra prize :) ( see below )

OK..
    Well, I will try to keep this down to at least 20 paragraphs :D
    I havent had the chance to get outside for months to take photo's of my new knives etc...and I have been going crazy :eek:
    Massive changes in my life, I have moved out of my lovely old Bungalow that I have lived in for 28 years of my life, I now live in a suburb called Howick ( very close to Auckland City ) and I have lost my neat old background for my photos!
    But its al for the better, Sue who has blessed my life for 9 years now is now my Fiance, and we are getting married at the end of this year, and we now live together - her, me and my knives:D

I miss this place and I havent the chance to participate too much because of the huge shift, and finishing work on my house, but this Giveaway is dedicated to a huge amount of people right here.
    Can I say that the people here just blow me away, and it just feels so right here, thank you for taking me in and under your wings with my lack of knowledge, and to everyone who I consider my friends who I wish I could name but the fear of offending if I missed just one name would be terrible.

I have given away quite a few knives away, and I love doing this......my latest was to a work friend whom I established a very good relationship - his name is Alf, and he has just got out of hospital from a very bad motorbike accident, smashed hip, shoulder, all but one of his ribs..it goes on...this touched me very deeply as I lost my best mate of over 30 years in the same way, the day when he passed away while I was holding his hand will never leave me, so I wanted to send something special to Alf to give him a challenge.
    Alf is on his feet with the help of crutches, and he will receive my beautiful script Buck with sheath...I have challenged him to carry this knife everyday for 3 months, he should get the knife first thing next week!

ANYWAY!!!!!.... this time my friends, you will have to involve someone else to help take your photo....because it will be YOU using your knife! after that, you can flood the thread as much as you want with as many pics of our lovely knives as you can, but you MUST have at least one pic of YOU using your knife.

Rules.
    You must hang around in these here parts - 20 or more posts in this part of town I think lets you in :)

1st prize..

A way cool knife-and no........ you arent going to find out what it is :D, trust me, its a lovely knife! ( but it is a 1984 knife, and that year should give you a bit of a hint of who made it-as it is a significant part of their history :cool: )

2nd Prize.
    I just bought this book, I first laid eyes on this magnificent book when fes ( festerfromenzed ) leant me his copy-Wow...this opened my eyes to this most famous brand...and I just have to share this with you, its an incredible book with stunning illustrations.

IN EXCELLENT CONDITION ( 2nd hand )

WRITTEN ON THE OCCASION OF THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF VICTORINOX

HARDCOVER / ILLUSTRATED .

3rd Prize.
    New condition 2005 German made Bulldog Sodbuster, that will be sent from Ash's place....
    [​IMG]

These prizes will be sent anywhere in the world, from good ol' New Zealand, and Ahses place :D

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Not an entry.

Just wanted to congratulate you on your changes.

I wish you and Sue great happiness in the years to come.
    Frank

3. brets-ftw

brets-ftw

Sep 11, 2010
    A belated congratulations on the engagement!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  4. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Congrats on your upcoming nuptials Duncan.

- Christian

5. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator

Sep 2, 2004
    This is not an entry Duncan.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. If you found a good woman that will put up with a knifenut then you surely are blessed! ;)

6. 338375

Nov 4, 2006
    Not an entry either Duncan, but I remember when you first started coming around these parts. You had a thirst for knowledge, and a true love for Traditional knives...
    You have contributed a lot to this forum, and I always look forward to your pictures. Your pictures are a joy to look at, and you have quite a collection now.

Congrats on becoming engaged. It sounds like thing are going very well for you, and I am truly happy for you

7. supratentorial

supratentorial

Dec 19, 2006
    Congratulations on the engagement and the new home, Duncan! It'll be fun to see everyone and I'll post some photos soon... I don't have many photos of myself holding pocket knives... I do have a photo of myself taking a break from hiking but I'm eating and I look like a monkey so I'm not sharing that one! :p I own a copy of the Victorinox book--very nice.

Btw, I'm enjoying the amber bone stockman! It's in my pocket. :)

8. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Duncan, I wish you every wifey, knifey, non-strifey,good lifey happiness. The pair of you.
    Now here I am pretending to whittle whilst try to take a photo of myself.
    I've been scratching away at this piece of Toona Australis with me Puma for a while and its evolving into this little Alfred the Great? character.
    Our Red Cedar is different to the American stuff. This one I planted in the front garden about 10 years ago.
    Very definitely an entry because I love getting free stuff off Kiwis.
    Cheers.[​IMG][​IMG]This is the tree in its denuded winter state-August should see it turn a deep scarlet then green .The mighty Port Kembla Steelworks in the distance.The large chimney to the left of the tree is around 18 storeys high although no longer in use.

9. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Hey Duncan
    If no-one else gets in on this I wouldn't feel right about a giveaway(largely assuming i was going to win).
    It would be a bit unfair-kinda like a game of union agin the All Blacks( no one else stands a chance).
    OR -could it be that everyone has seen my pic and given up hope? ho ho.
    cheers.

10. Humppa

Humppa Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Hi guys!

Don´t worry Meako!

I gonna take part in the GA. But my wife first needs to make a pic of me with a knife in hand.

But - it´s hard to top your pic ;) :p

EDIT POST:

Alright guys - here we go... Mrs. Humppa took that pic!

Mr. Humppa with two of his favorite activities - Eating and drinking

[​IMG]

I had a great meal about fivteen minutes ago. Dark bread, smoked pork (stored for about four weeks in smoke; we call it Geräuchertes), cheese and a fine half a litre of bavarian beer. I used a Case Medium Stockman CV Yellow Delrin.

Thank you Duncan, for the chance and the great idea of this great GA.

I hope to see more pics of the guys here using their knives.

Kind regards
    Andi

11. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    But, it's a great picture, with an A for Effort.

:)

Congratulations, Duncan (and Sue)!

~ S.

12. Doug Add

Doug Add

Jan 9, 2012
    Congratulations Duncan and Sue!

I'll try to get my son or wife to snap a picture later this week or this weekend. Thanks for the generous giveaway.

13. johnny twoshoes

johnny twoshoes Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Hey Guys, I'll try to get a pic of myself "using" my knife soon.

I'm in the midst of trying to get a new job and I haven't had much time for pics as of late, but I love these competitions. :thumbup:

14. jakemex

jakemex

Oct 19, 2011
    Viva Mexico - Jack.jpg Rodrigo's b'day May 2012 etc 004.jpg

I'm in!

This foto was taken by my wife for another thread, of me (no faces, dis' ain't facebook ;)) and my new "home carved & homemade" strop by yours truly!

BTW, since you are a Campbell, I have a friend, a Campbell from NZ, who lives in Warragul, Victoria Australia. Long lost cousins no doubt. You've gotta be a good guy too! Thanks for the great thread and opportunity.

That's my case slimline trapper to which I am giving the treatment.

I guess it's not fair to not put a face to this so... suffer ya'll.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  15. richstag

richstag

Feb 22, 2007
    Congrats Duncan! Sorry about your loss with the bungalow. I'm sure you will miss it. I wish you many great memories in the future.

Kevin

16. theblindog

theblindog

Jul 7, 2010
    just want to say congrats Duncan!

17. supratentorial

supratentorial

Dec 19, 2006
    Opening a cold one with my 2011 Forum Knife.
    [​IMG]

Playin' mumblety-peg.
    [​IMG]

Using a traditional kitchen knife ;) to put cream cheese on a bagel. ...these knives are sometimes called "Bowies" on eBay. :p
    [​IMG]

Readin' Bladeforums.
    [​IMG]

What's on my mind.
    [​IMG]

Bird watching... I had to use my pocket knife shortly after this photo was taken. ;)
    [​IMG]

Me and my best friend. There's a whittler propped up in the drift wood that's hanging from the shed.
    [​IMG]

18. mike Berkovitch

mike Berkovitch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Congrats Duncan for the great changes in your life I'm sure it all for the best. Here's a photo of me re-scaling Case stockman in my friend workshop

[​IMG]

Mike

19. festerfromnzed

festerfromnzed

Aug 18, 2008
    Congrats to you both Duncan and Sue......I dont have a lot of pics of myself (very unphotogenic specimen) so this will have to suffice for the moment.....p.s Meako,,good call about our mighty All Blacks!!...I believe you West islanders are next to feel the wrath???......good luck.........FES

[​IMG]

20. supratentorial

supratentorial

Dec 19, 2006
    Fes, Did you find that creature on planet L-426 from the Aliens movie? :D