Photo Thread of Ryan W. Knives **** Photo Heavy ****

How about we start with Some High Uinta's

The High Uinta:
OAL: 8"
Blade: 3.5"

This is my personal High Uinta, I carry this knife with me every time I head into the back country... It is not this pretty anymore

This is my better Halfs High Uinta, It is still this pretty!

DSCN1167_zpsf5c90fce.jpg

Last edited:
How about the Popular SPK!!
OAL: 7.5"
Blade: 3.5" (Re-Curve or Straight Edge)

This one is owned by someone that I look up to and try to emulate in my hunting activities..... Steve Rinella!

Last edited:
How about some Choppers and Camp Knives

Vegan Crocs:

This is Proto-type Test croc

Hope to see this in a future Zombie Movie

Last edited:
And Some Neckers and EDC's These generally can be interchangeable as Neckers or Belt knives, just depending on Sheath Options

Schaefer Fixed Folder

My Wife owns this little beauty...

Survival Necker

This one belongs to The Famous Jonny Mac!

Last edited:
Everyone knows I love me some Lorien Designs!!

This is the Design Lorien put out for the first PIF (Pay It Forward) Build off

This is a slightly modified PIF "A" with some Mike Turner SanMai

This one made an appearance in Tactical Knives Magazine... Not my favorite rendition of the Lorien PIF "A"

Lorien H.U.K.

Last edited:
Camping and Hunting Knives

Last edited:
Feel free to comment, I just needed to save some posts at the start so I can build up some photos in an organized manner!!

Haven't updated this in a while... Have a few more knives off the Bench I thought I would share!

Bret's High Uinta
Steel: 3/16" 1095 (Hamon)
Handle: Buckeyeburl and Black Sycamore
Misc: Mosaic Pin, Tapered Tang, White G10 Liner and Spacer
Sheath: Tooled Leather (Horizontal - Ambi)

Todd's EDC Belt Knife (Can Also be a Necker)
Steel: 3/16" 1095 (Hamon)
Handle: Premium Cocobolo
Misc: Mosaic Pin, Tapered Tang, Red G10 Liner
Sheath: Tooled Leather (Horizontal - Ambi)

Loreindesign REB-Drop
Steel: 1/8" 1095 (Sandblasted & Stonewashed)
Handle: Skeletonized
Misc: un-sharpened Clip
Sheath: Buy Brown Ind. Kydex Necker (Holes fit Lg. TekLok)

Life has been pretty busy for me, haven't been updating this forum as much as I would like... Here are a few knives I have finished over the last few weeks

Mutton Buster

Basic High Uinta

Lorien REB - With Scales

Made 2 knives for a Customer that is also here on BF... "Jonas EDT" and "EDC Wharnie" S90V and Cocobolo (two different cuts of Cocobolo)

One of My "Trophy Capers" S90V and Cocobolo

This is a "Hunters Kit" I just finished up today for a friend up in Alaska. I love knives going to AK because I know they will see heavy use.

This is my version of the Sharp Finger, I call it the "SPK - 7.5" Great for processing Big game

This is my Trinity Drop Point designed for Trinity Longbows, This is my EDC and makes a great all around Camping

This is my Bird & Trout

Handles are Grey TeroTuf with G10 Spacers and Liners, Steel is 1/8" CPM154 Stonewashed
Look forward to your comments
... Ryan

Just checking out your designs for the first time.. I'm completely blown away by your handles. The wood is finished spectacularly..gorgeous work.

haven't had much time to update this thread... Here are a few of my recent builds

will the terotuff hold blood/bacteria like canvas micarta will?
TeroTuf definitely is more porous than G10, I don't think it will "Absorb" moisture but any dirt and debris will cake onto the handle if not cleaned

Just checking out your designs for the first time.. I'm completely blown away by your handles. The wood is finished spectacularly..gorgeous work.
Thanks for checking them out Brian let me know if you have any questions, The handles are one of my favorite steps in making a knife!

I have been playing with Tanto's the last few months... Almost didn't let this one out of the shop

A few diffferent options on the Lorien Design "BRO"

Here is a Large Persian Craine I finished up a few weeks ago

This is a large run of Karambits named the "Utrap" that have been working on for a while now... This is the prototype, will be making a few changes for the run 1. Thin the handles down 2. Beef up the Ring

Here is one of my Trophy Caping knives I finished last week

And probably the most exciting news out of the Ryan W. Knives shop in a while... My first Folder called the "SaddleBack" - Wouldn't have been possible without the help of Eric Ochs!!

Back