1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Photos: Daily WIP thread

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 6, 2019.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Thanks man, can't wait to see your folder come together!

2. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Next up, black wash on these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  3. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Been doing some blackwashing this last week! [​IMG] [​IMG]

And for this hoback a8 I reground it into a compound grind first

[​IMG]

4. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Finished a couple emersons up finally... turned out beautiful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JJ_Colt45, Gideons, onionfan and 9 others like this.
  5. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    #damnitson

6. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Ok these just look awesome !!!! and that black wash is great !!!! Great work !

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  7. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    thanks guys! I was working on making some po'boy scales today for another cqc7. Personally I like the slanted bolster look much better over the straight one!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

onionfan, luethge, jstrange and 2 others like this.
  8. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Knocked this out last week
    [​IMG]

And just got the first of the Benchmade 940 reblades done! * round hole licensed by Spyderco
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

JJ_Colt45, ferider, tgtodd and 6 others like this.
  9. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Great looking knife - looks way heftier than the original .... Aramis scales ?

razor-edge-knives and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  10. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    That ZT looks great ... so do the Emersons ... always enjoy seeing your work !

11. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Yep! Good call! I actually made an extra blade and just recently ordered some more scales from Aramis... Gonna do something like this and auction it off hopefully soonish

12. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    BilboBaggins likes this.
  13. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Fantastic work Josh!!!

14. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    G
    Thanks man! Was the first video I used background music in so hopefully it went well with the video lol

woodysone likes this.
  15. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    It did. Also, I really appreciate you continuing to post pictures and videos of your work. For me, it gives me a much greater appreciation of what you do. It's so cool to see the end result and how much work went into it.

16. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Glad to do it Jon! Yeah I figured you guys would like to see some of what I do daily so this is a perfect place to do it, and instagram stories :)

Just finished these up the other day! (note: I didn't sand the lines off of the Nirvana or do the clip, customer did that and sent to me for the blade work and beadblasting).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

woodysone, ScooterG and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  17. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Literally took 5-7 hours to grind both sides but now it's set up and was totally worth it!

woodysone and ScooterG like this.