The REK daily discussion thread :)

Discussion in 'Razor Edge Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Jul 6, 2019.

1. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    Thanks man, can't wait to see your folder come together!

2. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Next up, black wash on these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  3. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Been doing some blackwashing this last week! [​IMG] [​IMG]

And for this hoback a8 I reground it into a compound grind first

[​IMG]

4. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Finished a couple emersons up finally... turned out beautiful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Platinum Member

Mar 15, 2016
    #damnitson

6. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Ok these just look awesome !!!! and that black wash is great !!!! Great work !

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  7. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    thanks guys! I was working on making some po'boy scales today for another cqc7. Personally I like the slanted bolster look much better over the straight one!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

onionfan, luethge, jstrange and 2 others like this.
  8. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Knocked this out last week
    [​IMG]

And just got the first of the Benchmade 940 reblades done! * round hole licensed by Spyderco
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ferider

ferider Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Great looking knife - looks way heftier than the original .... Aramis scales ?

razor-edge-knives and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  10. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    That ZT looks great ... so do the Emersons ... always enjoy seeing your work !

11. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Yep! Good call! I actually made an extra blade and just recently ordered some more scales from Aramis... Gonna do something like this and auction it off hopefully soonish

tgtodd likes this.
  12. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Sharp & Fiery and BilboBaggins like this.
  13. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    Fantastic work Josh!!!

14. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    G
    Thanks man! Was the first video I used background music in so hopefully it went well with the video lol

woodysone likes this.
  15. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2016
    It did. Also, I really appreciate you continuing to post pictures and videos of your work. For me, it gives me a much greater appreciation of what you do. It's so cool to see the end result and how much work went into it.

16. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Glad to do it Jon! Yeah I figured you guys would like to see some of what I do daily so this is a perfect place to do it, and instagram stories :)

Just finished these up the other day! (note: I didn't sand the lines off of the Nirvana or do the clip, customer did that and sent to me for the blade work and beadblasting).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Literally took 5-7 hours to grind both sides but now it's set up and was totally worth it!

BilboBaggins, woodysone and ScooterG like this.
  18. razor-edge-knives

Apr 3, 2011
    Ever seen a blacked of sebenza with DLC? Pretty sweet!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Coach23

Coach23 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Wow, that is sweet!!

20. David Mary

David Mary KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 23, 2015
    @RayseM posted in the Pifers talking shop thread, so I am here to take a look. Okay, I can either like every singlepost, or just post once and say wow! Pm incoming for a possible reblade job. Thanks!