Photos of tactical knives in use

Got a FM number on the Army Training Manual?

Pics of soldiers in combat with knives are abundant in some forums - present day deployment has provided a lot of opportunity. Still, most soldiers don't carry fixed blades, and most that carry at all use clip folders these days. They can be hard to see under jackets.

I think it's a telling indication that a dead pig, snide comments about a hollywood sniper, and scans of training manuals are the answer for a honest question. That says something about the military experience of the casual forumite here.

I'm sorry if you expected pictures of soldiers carrying knives.

That says something about the military experience of the casual forumite here.

considering that 99%+ of the population isn't military, there's no reason to expect the population of a knife forum to be much different.

I think one problem with the topic was the TC's belief that many 'tactical' knives are intended for military duty. Most Soldiers just plain don't buy them, outside of the few at the PX.

Why is the American Soldier wearing a Soviet uniform? Maybe he went to the USSR, to train, like Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV! :D

Because he couldn't fit into the Swedish Army uniform.

abba.jpg

GB

Here's one of the more common uses my tactical knives are put to. Stay tuned for some hot sandwhich cutting action!

DSCF0453.jpg

I think it's a telling indication that a dead pig, snide comments about a hollywood sniper, and scans of training manuals are the answer for a honest question. That says something about the military experience of the casual forumite here.

I am a forumite here who is not, or never has been in the military. I do listen to my fellow forumites who are (or have been). What I have taken from them is that the most common tactical knife used in today's military is something along the line of a Leatherman.

Which was my point in posting the pic from Fairbairn's book. I have gotten the impression that the days of the knife as a combat weapon have gone the way of the Smatchet, and that they are primarily used as tools.

If I am incorrect, or have mis-taken the OPs intent...my apologies.

Maybe it's because he is really a big ANTI, and a fricken' hypocrite to boot.

Nice product placement by SOG! I didn't realize the sheaths had big, bold white "SOG" letters on it.

Why is the rifle upside down? Is this military style?

It rides better on the shoulder and is less prone to slipping off. You can grab the
barrel and swing it into position. It does look odd but that sling position has become more common. Give it a try and see how it works for you.

Maybe it's because he is really a big ANTI, and a fricken' hypocrite to boot.

Comment well-taken. Many of these actors are anti gunners but make a living
brandishing weapons and glorifying killing.

GB

Having that weapon like that really doesnt pose an issue, he is a sniper, proably has a sidearm anyhow no need to take a quick shot with his rifle IMO. Carrying it the way he is proably works foor him ( i know its a movie).

Definitely a good comment on the ANTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"poncho-via" (spelling?) style is what we called that way of slinging our weapon in the marines ('85-'91). it allows operator to swing weapon to front, shoulder and fire. also, water can't get in barrel from rain. we only carried weapon on back in the rear with the gear. when patrolling weapon would be slung with paracord (rifle sling removed, less noise, weight), and carried in front at all times, ready to be shouldered and fired. i carried a bmf on my web gear/cartridge belt, right hand side, paracorded around thigh. when rapelling, fast rope, etc... opposite side, same set up, for cross over draw. this allowed for no obstructions/malfunctions during insertion/extraction of operators. just my opinions/experience.

Nice product placement by SOG! I didn't realize the sheaths had big, bold white "SOG" letters on it.

I agree with you on that one. I would have hit that with a black sharpie real quick. I do that to all of the knife sheaths I use. I do not like being a walking commercial.:rolleyes:

after looking at markymark, he has his weapon upside down! he would have to unsling, flip his weapon, then shoulder and fire. too much wasted movement, big no no. that's hollywood for you!

Back