Pic of co. store GW Sheath?

aggiejason

Chillin' on Route 66
Anyone have a pic of the GW Amoralleather sheath fromt the Co. Store? I ordered one and I'd like to know what I'm getting. :D
Thx!

This one is a little darkened with SnoSeal, but you get the idea.

BTW, if you're going to wetmold the sheath, do that first before you add any waterproofing like SnoSeal.

outdoors.jpg

Guyon-
ok.....uuuuuhhhhhh..........what the heck is wetmold?? :D My noobness is rearing it's ugly head again!

Guyon-
ok.....uuuuuhhhhhh..........what the heck is wetmold?? :D My noobness is rearing it's ugly head again!

look through Skunk's posts about boning a sheath.... that will ne more fun for you than anyone telling you here.;) :thumbup:

There are some threads on it around here somewhere with all the details.

Basically, you wet the leather with water, put in the knife, and use an implement (called a bone) to shape the leather to the contours of the knife. You wind up with something like a custom fitted sheath.

Kinda like putting mink oil on a baseball glove, sticking a ball in it, and then wrapping rubber bands around the glove to help break it in and shape it. Makes sense I guess :D

Here's a pic LeatherRose posted on another thread... I cleaned the image up a little. :)

gwpouch_LeatherRose_BCS.jpg

Jaxx:cool:

This is my first attempt at a wet-molded (boned) sheath... :D (both are exact copies of each other...approx.)

GW_sheath2.jpg

Gunyon, How did you get it that dark. How, or how many times did you put it on to get that dark.
I was going to order one but wanted a darker one.
Give me all the steps if you don't mind. Thanks

Gunyon rhymes with onion. Guyon rhymes with ion. :D

Step 1. Buy SnoSeal.

Step 2. Buy GW sheath.

Step 3. Heat sheath with hair dryer.

Step 4. Apply SnoSeal liberally to leather.

Step 5. Heat sheath some more with hair dryer.

Step 6. Watch leather absorb SnoSeal in amazing fashion.

May be splotchy at first, but as you continue to work in the SnoSeal by hand and with the heat, it'll even out. When it gets to the point where you like the color...

Step 7. Set aside to dry.

Step 8. Buff with soft cloth.

That's it. Or something approximating it. :D :thumbup:

Thanks G , I am going to try that but wet mold it first. Hope it looks better than Jaxx's wet mold job. Just kidding Jaxx.

Thanks G , I am going to try that but wet mold it first. Hope it looks better than Jaxx's wet mold job. Just kidding Jaxx.

LOL, It ain't much to look at but works great... 'snaps' in, holds well. Try it! :) ...And I'll get better!! :D :thumbup:

Back