1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pic request/ size comparison, KZ II LE & MOAB

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by zombieassassin, Jul 2, 2019.

1. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Any Hogs have pics of a KZ 2 LE and a MOAB side by side. Much appreciated if so....thanks in advance brothers. Spine shots as well if possible. Too bad a Nuked MOAB is as Rare as a Chupacabra.
    I guess I could've asked Rob Stanley directly, maybe the ole' mate will ring in with a pic or two. Thanks Rob if ya do.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    WatermanChris and Mike Pierson like this.
  2. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Here’s my old KZ 1 with a MOAB. Man I miss these knives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    Here is Rob's video showing a chopping comparison. You can see he really enjoys chopping with them.

Rob Sharpening the MOAB on a stone.
    Rob is the man.

Currawong and zombieassassin like this.
  4. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    It looks like that Moab blew that KZ away in the chopping dept.

WatermanChris likes this.
  5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    But with the KZ, you get to chop twice as much as with the MOAB.

6. 360joules

360joules Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I watched Rob Stanley’s comparison video many times as I was buying my Moab. Here it is:

In practice, I noted that while much more nimble, the Zilla has a much smaller “sweet spot”. I viewed the TTKZ as an amazing zombie killer and the Moab was the brute.

Ideally, I wanted a thinner Moab, say around 0.3” or so. The 0.4” slab is a bit much for my small, yet still manly hands. Lol.

WatermanChris likes this.
  7. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Thanks guys. Although they both say Killa Zilla in the name, the KZ II LE and a TTKZ are two totally different knives. I have owned both, and sold the TTKZ. The geometry isn't the same at all, and to me, the KZ II LE fits better in hand and also feels more balanced than the TTKZ.

8. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Love Rob's videos. He always seems to have such a good time.

Garth

9. Robdude

Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    I need a Moab god****it....

zombieassassin likes this.