Pic: 'Which one of these things is not like the other?'

7981606475_a37bedaa3d_c.jpg

Have fun

Beaten to it. Only one folds and only one has a big hole in the blade. If it's the towel, that is a dirty trick.

I was thinking more along the lines of the different functions of them (ahem, the edged items) and which one is most dissimilar in what it can do compared to the others.

A suitably vague and practically unanswerable question. If the question was worded "Which one of these things is not like the others ?" I would say the axe as it's not a knife....That's not quite what you asked though.

Well, two could chop, all could food prep, one maybe two can pry, which one, though not gracefully, could do the most tasks of the others?

Well...there are cloth fibers in the micarta handle of the Busse...

I'd say the table.

A suitably vague and practically unanswerable question. If the question was worded "Which one of these things is not like the others ?" I would say the axe as it's not a knife....That's not quite what you asked though.

The sheath is not a knife either.

They are all alike.
It's kind of a trick question really.
None of them is better fit nor could they out perform for ALL jobs over the others.

If you're looking for what would be your best choice(if you can only choose one) to do all of the tasks you listed(no matter how well it does said jobs) then that would be the Busse.

There is no edged tool in that lot that would out perform the others at all of the tasks listed.

But out of all of them, the busse is the most versatile in it's duties. The axe can chop, maybe pry. The kitchen knives can do food prep. The Para2 can do food prep. The Busse can chop, pry, and do food prep if needed.
The others would just be misusing the tool. The Busse however could do the all around tasks if needed.

Last edited:
Considering several criteria:

The spyderco, because it's a folder, doesn't need a sheath, and is the only one you can legally carry in NY (although law enforcement might still give you a hard time).
The Fiskars, because it's not a knife, and you can get it at Home Depot.

Lets see. Chopping chicken breast check. Peanut butter jelly, check. Prepping a whole chicken, probably leave the folder out as its shorter and has the folding crevasses.

I suppose any could do light prying but would go to the busse and possibly fiskars for anything heavy duty.

Chopping. Definitely not the henkels or spyderco.

Chopping through a car to extricate a trapped victim, theres two.

Let's not overlook the simple and obvious. If we are only considering the edged tools, then the obvious answer is the hatchet because it's not a knife.

If I ever learned anything by watching jeopardy, it is that sometimes the obvious answer is the correct choice.

Back