Picked my 25" Sirupati yesterday!!!

:D :D :D
What a blade! Absolutly gorgeous! This is my second Khukri from Uncle Bill. The first was a 18" WW2,I bought 4 years ago. The WW2 has been a user,it has done every thing from chopping wood to decapitating chickens and small game animals.The Khuk still looks great and I wouldn't part with it for anything. The Sirupati is a different story.The only thing this blade will ever cut is air. I was suprised that the pattern in the blade has some brass inlay. I thought about getting the 30" model I'm glad I didn't now.The 25" version makes my WW2 seem small.
I have a couple of questions,what is marks on the right side of the blade? I thought it was the initials for Himalayan Imports but they are different on the blades. On the left side of the Suripati,just in front of the Cho is a crecent moon laying on it's side.Is this the mark of the Kami? if so who? Also what is the leather thong at the top of the belt loop for? Trying to get through the FAQ but haven't got to these questions yet.

Crescent moon is the mark of the kami named Bura. I don't own a Bura Khukuri (YET!), but from what I hear he's one of the best, and some would say THE best.

IIRC, the loop is for hanging up the khuk.

Congrats on the new blade!! Sounds like a real beauty:)

Just curious, what does it weigh? Thanks.

Don't be surprised when you discover that the air needs cutting frequently!

Rob's got it right. The marks on the right side of the blade are supposed to say H. I. but they sometimes don't due to illiteracy factor. Sort of like kindergarten kids who sometimes write S & K backwards.

Back