• cool

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • meh

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crazy deal. You basically paid for rather smallest resiprine -c handled knife and got the two Busse's and the Benchmade for free!!

Essentially you got about **** or so in free knives (more, depending on what the Benchmade models were).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, new poster.

I picked up some knives from an estate sale and they seemed very well made. I made an offer and the seller accepted.

Please help me identify these Busse Knives:

Picture Links Here: https://imgur.com/a/V4NRTNH

HTML was broken so I've edited it. Thank you.

Very nice score !!! Congrats !!
I’m glad a knife person grabbed them up :)

Welcome to the forum !!!! I hope you’ll hang around some. This is a great place with really great people. Tons of info and lots of fun :) Oh and of course Busse INFI Steel :)

Very nice score !!! Congrats !!
I’m glad a knife person grabbed them up :)

Welcome to the forum !!!! I hope you’ll hang around some. This is a great place with really great people. Tons of info and lots of fun :) Oh and of course Busse INFI Steel :)
Thank you, will do! I contacted the vendor for the remaining 8 knives - may be cutting me a deal for 5 others. They include a battle mistress, one other ASH1, and a couple of the smaller boys (3" blade?). I'm waiting for a response.

Last edited:
Thank you, will do! I contacted the vendor for the remaining 8 knives. She may be cutting me a deal for 5 others. They include a battle mistress, one other ASH1, and a couple of the smaller boys (3" blade?). I'm waiting for a response.

Way to stay on top of that !!!!! Good deal !!!! :)
Smaller Infi blades are always nice toooooo !!!! :)

Crazy deal. You basically paid for rather smallest resiprine -c handled knife and got the two Busse's and the Benchmade for free!!

Essentially you got about **** or so in free knives (more, depending on what the Benchmade models were).
Benchmade Osborne 30sv 940 Serrated in green with a carrying case, mint condition

Way to stay on top of that !!!!! Good deal !!!! :)
Smaller Infi blades are always nice toooooo !!!! :)
Not knowing too much I really LOVE this Scrap Yard INFI. All of the cases they provided to me (free, as long as the knife fit) are custom molded hand-made leather cases. One of them - made for the larger Satin blade - has a cool nuclear bomb logo on it. Either the dentist was crazy or he just really loved nuclear medicine xD

I think ID is okay, just not prices. Nice score.

I have a black with black and tan G10 ASH-1 (Anniversary Steel Heart-1) just like that one.
I think that's an NO-E (Natural Outlaw Ergo) with the satin blade.
Don't know about the Scrapyard; maybe a Street Scrapper 4?

Spine shot shows it is skinnier than the NO-E is why I said Skinny ASH
NO-E again spine show shows jet marks when the blade was cut out making me thing coated and stripped Gheto satin
Definitely a SS4 like I had said, ID thread on Scrapyard forum confirms it.

I am not familiar with these knifes, either. I don't think it's a Natural Outlaw Ergo. My guess was some sort of Steel Heart. The blade has a really strange design on the spine of the blade that runs through the handle. I've been scouring the internet for hours and can't find the design anywhere.

They had another one there I tried to get them to come down on but they wouldn't budge for some reason. It wasn't marked - but it was definitely a straight handle Battle mistress. It was gorgeous. I might go back and buy it today. I thought to myself that out of any of the knives there I would've probably used that one since I do a ton of backpacking and camping.

Thanks for your input, peoples

definitely a NO-E
"Design" on the spine is the water jet cut marks from when the blade was cut out.
They would have been covered by the coating before the strip job.
What did she want for the SH BM ?

I believe the stripped one is fat ASH. If so , blade thickness would be about 0.32 and 6” length.

Look at the spine shot in the pics :)

Q7TeQYy.jpg

Thanks Thesian! It is .32 width and approx. 6" exactly in length. I had that one on my list, too. I really like it. Do I need to goto a gun show or knife show to have someone wrap me a handgrip for these knifes? I keep seeing paracord grip/knuckle holders for the eyelets on the handles. Any ideas?

The Skinny ASH is the one with black and tan g-10 handles.

Haha. It was an old retired dentist. He also had a bunch of custom Randalls that used but properly cared for. Too much to grab! The man really enjoyed his cutlery.

He was a dentist ? His Widow is selling the knives ?

Hope that helps with Identification.

Not knowing too much I really LOVE this Scrap Yard INFI. All of the cases they provided to me (free, as long as the knife fit) are custom molded hand-made leather cases. One of them - made for the larger Satin blade - has a cool nuclear bomb logo on it. Either the dentist was crazy or he just really loved nuclear medicine xD

Most Busse knife people are a bit touched.......... in a good way :)

Check your membership , you should be Gold member now;):thumbsup::p

Spine shot shows it is skinnier than the NO-E is why I said Skinny ASH
NO-E again spine show shows jet marks when the blade was cut out making me thing coated and stripped Gheto satin
Definitely a SS4 like I had said, ID thread on Scrapyard forum confirms it.

definitely a NO-E
"Design" on the spine is the water jet cut marks from when the blade was cut out.
They would have been covered by the coating before the strip job.
What did she want for the SH BM

Look at the spine shot in the pics :)

The Skinny ASH is the one with black and tan g-10 handles.

He was a dentist ? His Widow is selling the knives ?

Hope that helps with Identification.

That helps a TON! Natural Outlaw Ergo on the satin blade, ASH1 on the black blade. Totally a dentist of some sort if I had to guess!

They wanted about $200 for the BM because of it's length they had it much higher priced.

My question about the NO-e, the knife feels REALLY beefy. Fits great in my hand. How do I really take care of these knifes? Do I put them in a case and hold onto them? Is there any risks I need to be understanding of regarding oxidation to the blade or anything? I'm near a maritime/gulf of mexico environment. Just curious, I'll keep browsing the forums. You all are fantastic to chat with!! Thanks again

Last edited:
Bussekin will take more abuse than any other knife on this - or any other - planet. And have a lifetime guarantee. That you’ll never need to use. Mineral oil good for any bare metal covering. Non-toxic for any food prep chores.

And be sure to check out the site below. You might be wonderfully astounded at the world you’ve just joined.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180511211942/http://www.badmojo.net/

Back