Pics and Updates

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Sweet little convex sabreground Karda and hunter orange kydex neck sheath.

endjan9102_1455-vi.jpg

endjan9102_1457-vi.jpg

endjan9102_1458-vi.jpg

I also did the finish grind on a bunch yesterday. 6 convex knives.

endjan9102_1460-vi.jpg

Eleven Scandi's.

endjan9102_1461-vi.jpg

Scandi Boot Knife with Penetrator Tip (A2 steel)!!!

endjan9102_1464-vi.jpg

endjan9102_1464-vi.jpg

Is this one going to be available? If so, I'm definitely interested. EIRW over Paduk perhaps or maybe even just straight EIRW...hmm....

For you, yes it is. Its got the longer handle too. I think thats going to be the one that wins.

That is what I like to hear:thumbup: I foresee a restless night, debating between different handle materials, in my immediate future. What combo speaks to you on this blade?

Hmmm. Something new just for JC. Lemme run downstairs and contemplate.

I want one of the Boot Knives, too...or was it the EDC that I needed! Heck, I want half the knives in this thread! One of those might tide me over until you get down the list far enough to design my Bowlegged Elevator Man Palm-Handled EDC! A better name for it might be in order, too! ;)

I like that Woodsman, too. Do you have a Knife of the Month Club?!

Last edited:
I've got some Masaccar Ebony. Maybe that over some EIRW...

I just spent the last hour searching your forum and reviewing different handle materials. EIRW, waterfall Bubinga, Masaccar Ebony, Masur Birch, Paduk...the list just goes on and on. I think I'm more torn now that I was an hour ago:confused: Regardless, I think EIRW has to be in the mix as I've been drooling over that for a while now.

Scandi ground karda looks awesome.

Yes. I agree. I think that knife and the Bow Legged Joe are both at home with Scandi grinds. How is your knife working out? I've heard no performance comments.

I want one of the Boot Knives, too...or was it the EDC that I needed! Heck, I want half the knives in this thread! One of those might tide me over until you get down the list far enough to design my Bowlegged Elevator Man Palm-Handled EDC! A better name for it might be in order, too! ;)

I like that Woodsman, too. Do you have a Knife of the Month Club?!

A knife of the month club. Cool. I thought about doing a newsletter, but it would just mirror the forum.

I just spent the last hour searching your forum and reviewing different handle materials. EIRW, waterfall Bubinga, Masaccar Ebony, Masur Birch, Paduk...the list just goes on and on. I think I'm more torn now that I was an hour ago:confused: Regardless, I think EIRW has to be in the mix as I've been drooling over that for a while now.

Don't forget Bocote. It looks great over EIRW. Haha. Listen, get the paduk and EIRW. Thats a good one, and you seem to really like it.

Don't forget Bocote. It looks great over EIRW. Haha. Listen, get the paduk and EIRW. Thats a good one, and you seem to really like it.

I also really like that Bubinga, but ultimately I think you're right on this one. EIRW over Paduk it is.

I can help. Let's put some of that Walnut Crotch on this one and I'll buy it - then you'll have more time to decide! ;)

I can help. Let's put some of that Walnut Crotch on this one and I'll buy it - then you'll have more time to decide! ;)

Thanks for the offer, but no need. Andy was right, EIRW over Paduk is the way to go. I just looked at the KSF #3 thread again and this picture just seals the deal for me.

ksf3102_1429-vi.jpg

Andy,

Your grinds are looking really nice man. I have had four of your knives in my hands in the last few weeks - and they are pretty much awesome.

TF

Thanks TF. Its the part of the process that I'm really progressing at the fastest right now, and that is exciting to me.

Andy, What's the one to the right of the Nessie in the scandi photo? What are the specs on that, and is it taken?

Brudda, if I was you I would start putting another eyelet in the tip of the sheaths so that when you wear it as a necker it's more stable. ;)

Whats funny is that it hangs almost perfectly in that one. I do need you to show me some tips though.

Yep, I will take one. O1, Burlap Micarta, red and black liners, penetrator tip. Sound good?

Back