Pics of my 1st HI khuk

Fire & wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky,
but Crom is your god, Crom & he lives in the earth.

Once giants lived in the earth, Conan... & in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, & they took from him the enigma of steel.
Crom was angered & the earth shook... & fire & wind struck down these giants, & threw their bodies into the waters...

But in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel, & left it on the battlefield...

& we who found it… are just men..…
not gods…. not giants….. just men.

The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan.
You must learn its discipline; for no one….. no one in this world can you trust…..
Not men, not women, not beasts…..

This, you can trust.
552.jpg

Here's my Himalayan Import M-43 khukuri in it's sheath. I slipped on a Maxpedition Janus pouch that I had no use for until now. It slipped over the khukuri sheath real tight, in fact, it was kind of a pain in the aspercream to get it on, but that's a good thing. It won't slip off during use.
In the pouch....
A small med kit of my design
Tinder - paraffin coated cotton balls
EXOTAC nanostriker XL
EZE diamond rod sharpener
A small bottle of Rem Oil
& a ColdSteel Konjo II for a companion knife.

I braided 50' of paracord around the bottom half of the sheath & pouch.

549.jpg

& here it is chillin with Elvira; the name a forumite, from the M-14 Forum, gave my M1A.

553.jpg

This post was intended to be more pic heavy, but these 3 are the only ones that were under 2MBs. I had some comparison pics of the M-43 with my Carbon-V ColdSteel khukalike & me wearing my M-43, bandoleer style, but the pics are too big. I'll try to get them reduced & post them in a reply to this thread.

P.S. --- kami mark looks like the 6 pointed Jewish Star.

Last edited:

Bawanna

Houston, we have a problem. Links not working but based on description I really wanna see these pictures.

Come on, man, what is this, such an epic description and then no pictures...ah ah ahhhhh...

(P.S. Nice to see some from my generation I presume, who remember the "Turok" games...:) )

pictures work, looks great, love the stuff you added to the m43 scabbard

wow, That makes one well equipped survival blade. I like that it fits so snug that you don't have to worry about it getting separated. M-43 is a perfect choice for a setup like this. Probably the best all around blade, pretty good for almost any task I can think of that you would need in that type of situation.

Elvira looks like a well put together young lady. What Leopold is that? It almost looks like one of the competition series scopes or an FX, but I think probably a VX? Nice!

wow, That makes one well equipped survival blade. I like that it fits so snug that you don't have to worry about it getting separated. M-43 is a perfect choice for a setup like this. Probably the best all around blade, pretty good for almost any task I can think of that you would need in that type of situation.

Elvira looks like a well put together young lady. What Leopold is that? It almost looks like one of the competition series scopes or an FX, but I think probably a VX? Nice!

Elvira's big eye is a VX-6 (3-18x50mm). Her second eye is an Aimpoint Mirco T-1 canted on a 45* mount.
When looking through the scope, I can just cant the rifle & aim through the red dot, without changing my cheek weld.
Scope is 0ed @ 300yds... red dot is 0ed @ 50yds
Elvira is capable of 1 MOA in a gun sled :), but in my hands it's only 2-2.5 MOA. :rolleyes:I need more practice.

pugs75

Gold Member
Looking good man, and nice rifle set up, they make a great combo