Pics of Well Worn/Weathered CRK's ONLY!

Glock Guy

Gold Member
When I got my first CRK years ago I was almost afraid to use it. I pictured this thing being in the safe and only taking it out for "Special" occasions.

Fast forward to now and I believe in using any knife I have. I have also *really* developed an appreciation for that worn, weathered, pocket-washed-patina'd (or whatever else you want to call it) look!

So if you have some great looking users, and some tried and true blades you've carried for a long time, or just LOOK like they have been carried forever...

While not mine, here are 2 of my favorite's! IMG_0111.JPG a1.jpg

LET'S SEE THEM!!!

Last edited:
Small 00 bg 42 reg
8FB6FDBA-5E5B-4318-8E20-282CE1D1600C_zps9rqcf13x.jpg

And 97 large bg 42 reg
532CC1B5-6D0F-4D62-8BD7-6D71E2BB2749_zpsxmuhgjgm.jpg

Both getting pretty good character

TRfromMT

Gold Member
Basic Member
These are legit!

When I got my first CRK years ago I was almost afraid to use it. I pictured this thing being in the safe and only taking it out for "Special" occasions.

Fast forward to now and I believe in using any knife I have. I have also *really* developed an appreciation for that worn, weathered, pocket-washed-patina'd (or whatever else you want to call it) look!

So if you have some great looking users, and some tried and true blades you've carried for a long time, or just LOOK like they have been carried forever...

While not mine, here are 2 of my favorite's! View attachment 731801 View attachment 731802

LET'S SEE THEM!!!

One thing I REALLY like about CRKs is that even with considerable carry AND use, they age very, very gracefully.

Jim

bhyde

UNNECESSARY EVIL
Staff member
Super Mod
Ok..... what settings do I need to change to post photos now?

You need to use another host- Photobucket has decided to charge for 3rd party hosting. I have a bunch of pictures I need to swap out in the how to threads because of this.
I have been using Imgur lately...but I have a sneaking suspicion that all the free hosts will likely be going to some similar model..maybe not this year..but I think it's coming.

You need to use another host- Photobucket has decided to charge for 3rd party hosting. I have a bunch of pictures I need to swap out in the how to threads because of this.
I have been using Imgur lately...but I have a sneaking suspicion that all the free hosts will likely be going to some similar model..maybe not this year..but I think it's coming.
I don't think imgur will switch to a charging model. Their website is built to share and discuss photos as opposed to places like photobucket that were simply repositories. As long as the imgur community remains active, I think they'll continue with the model they have now.

Glock Guy

Gold Member
Or you could just use the attachment option.

When doing a post, just use the "Upload File" button and select "Full Image" and it will show up normal as opposed to just a thumbnail.

You probably want to resize it to a more normal 1200-1400 max size, but that will get it posted here with no issues. That's how I did the pics in post #12, and it works great!

Or you could just use the attachment option.

When doing a post, just use the "Upload File" button and select "Full Image" and it will show up normal as opposed to just a thumbnail.

You probably want to resize it to a more normal 1200-1400 max size, but that will get it posted here with no issues. That's how I did the pics in post #12, and it works great!
It did indeed work great....that P..............