Pics

Uhhhhhhh, make one ? :D

The problem is that that the Bushfinger became an idea, and then evolved into a design. So I don't have a pattern. (This was when I learned to always make a pattern of one offs, or mistakes that get a re-design and then are finished.) There is a story.

mtnfolk mike mtnfolk mike , though I don't think I've ever told this story to him, was the motivation for the Bushfinger because of his fascination with wide bladed knives at the time. This is how it came about. At the time I didn't have many designs. The Nessmuk, Bushcrafter, Runt, and Bow Legged Joe. The Runt was the seed of the most of my line. The Runt became three designs all at once. Those are the Ladyfinger, Hunter, and Woodsman. Ole Mtnfolk Mike had and loved the Bushcrafter because of the wide blade, but to me after the new designs, the original Bushcrafter looked bad. I wanted to re-design it to keep a wide bladed knife in my lineup so I re-designed it.

Then I wanted something pointy, but for bushcrafting. Sort of a blend of the Woodsman and the Bushcrafter. I started with the ladyfinger and widened the blade. (That eventually became the guardless Ladyfinger.) Then, the thing happened in my brain where I started to look at the sway in the back of all my knives with distaste. This was a huge moment in my designing. I re-designed the Bushfinger, without the sway, and added a little width to the handle. Ohh, I was excited about this design. After making the first one, I re-designed the Bushcrafter, Hunter and the Woodsman without the sinuous sway in the spine. I kept it in the Ladyfinger. It just fit that design.

So I never got a pattern of the de-sway-backed ladyfinger with the wide blade. The settled Bushfinger didn't resemble the Ladyfinger much at all.

But the reason I want to own the knife is just because of all it has done and been through. Brian used it to build my brand probably more than anyone else ever has.

The problem is that that the Bushfinger became an idea, and then evolved into a design. So I don't have a pattern. (This was when I learned to always make a pattern of one offs, or mistakes that get a re-design and then are finished.) There is a story.

mtnfolk mike mtnfolk mike , though I don't think I've ever told this story to him, was the motivation for the Bushfinger because of his fascination with wide bladed knives at the time. This is how it came about. At the time I didn't have many designs. The Nessmuk, Bushcrafter, Runt, and Bow Legged Joe. The Runt was the seed of the most of my line. The Runt became three designs all at once. Those are the Ladyfinger, Hunter, and Woodsman. Ole Mtnfolk Mike had and loved the Bushcrafter because of the wide blade, but to me after the new designs, the original Bushcrafter looked bad. I wanted to re-design it to keep a wide bladed knife in my lineup so I re-designed it.

Then I wanted something pointy, but for bushcrafting. Sort of a blend of the Woodsman and the Bushcrafter. I started with the ladyfinger and widened the blade. (That eventually became the guardless Ladyfinger.) Then, the thing happened in my brain where I started to look at the sway in the back of all my knives with distaste. This was a huge moment in my designing. I re-designed the Bushfinger, without the sway, and added a little width to the handle. Ohh, I was excited about this design. After making the first one, I re-designed the Bushcrafter, Hunter and the Woodsman without the sinuous sway in the spine. I kept it in the Ladyfinger. It just fit that design.

So I never got a pattern of the de-sway-backed ladyfinger with the wide blade. The settled Bushfinger didn't resemble the Ladyfinger much at all.

But the reason I want to own the knife is just because of all it has done and been through. Brian used it to build my brand probably more than anyone else ever has.

Haha.. Right on Andy.. Never knew that.. Thanks man.. So cool to hear.. The Passaround Bushfinger that I got to handle many years back, was just perfect.. Loved everything about it.. Hope you get yourself one soon.. :)

Hope you folks are well..

Back