1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Picture history of early CRK's

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by nickpp, Jan 31, 2017.

1. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Nice to see you @Fooj - It's been awhile ;)

Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  2. nickpp

nickpp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Great to see you Dave! Additional info added. This thread is supported by many of your great pictures..... Much appreciated!

Fooj likes this.
  3. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Do you know if the Lock 45 is what inspired the framelock of today? I believe there was another knife like this the OKC arrow came with a liner that locked at the top and bottom of the tang, rather than just the bottom. I believe the set up had lots of issues on the OKC.

Were there issues with the Lock 45? What came first the lock 45 or the Reeve intergral lock?

4. nickpp

nickpp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2005
    The Lock 45 pre dates the Frame lock that morphed into the Sebenza as we know it via several minor changes.

The only issue that I'm aware of was the ability for the lock 45 to be over extended in the open position..... past the 180 degree mark. That was if the lock wasn't engaged at the 180 point.
    Ju Pengfei is one of the most knowledgeable guys I know of the early folders I'm sure he could better explain the transition and variations. He has both a lock 45 and a very early framelock, pre named Sebenza.

Lapedog likes this.
  5. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    So in a way the lock 45 did evolve into the framelock?