Question Picture size

hi.
A lotof times i will take a pic with my i phone 7 and i get an error saying the picture is to big for the server:
What am i doing wrong. I have this happen when i make sales threads and it just happened when i tried to upload a pic for my avatar.
However it doesnt happen if i am uploading pictures in a conversation
Sorry if this has been asked already.
Thank you for any help

iPhone pictures (especially the newer models) using the forward-facing camera have a tendency to be slightly over 1MB in size, the limit that Bladeforums seems to have in place. The size varies based on the detail on the photograph, so something memory-intense like landscape or busy indoor pics are often too large for the server, whereas simpler pics like a single knife on a monotone background often slip through fine. The backward-facing 'selfie' camera, however, takes less refined pictures and so will often take a small enough picture to upload. Also, the screenshots that you can take on the phone are of lower resolution and are mostly small enough to upload as well, sometimes taking a screenshot of an otherwise too large photo and uploading that will make it work.

Resizing the images that are too large is what you need to do to get them to upload, and that involves a third-party app of which there are a few; you can also upload them to a desktop and resize them using photo software there as well. The iPhone doesn't have a setting I have found to resize images using just the software they provide, so you are forced to look elsewhere for either resizing apps or image-hosting apps.

Back