Picture Thread

My JK Knives collection . . .
y24GF1n.jpg

My last jk order. It really had not been used and that was bothering me. I did my normal jk christening ceremony. With drinking corona and cutting a bunch of limes then letting it sit for a day or two and scrubbing it with the wifes dish thingy. I need to make a belt pancake sheath for this bad ass hikers back up. I love when I carry my jks the blade and scale patina they develop. I only wish I would have ordered more. 20211205_095844.jpg

I think three is good - I've managed to collect and use three of John's Viktims (originally, only 10 or 11 made).
A walnut (#1), a curly maple (#9) and an osage orange. Obviously, I'm a big fan of this model.
I too personalized them by sanding the scales a bit to fit exactly to my hand, then gave them a couple coats of BLO.
Congrats on a great all-around knife! (if you ever decide to sell it, let me know).

There are pictures on the 2 November 2015 "ViKtin Passaround" thread if you search - my three ViKtims are shown in Post #4 along with their Comanche/Mountain Man tacked sheaths.

Last edited:
ViKtim Update December 2021: The slightly more slender/pointy-er Osage ViKtim still going strong as my first choice for daily truck carry, while the more humped Tiger Maple Viktim (#9 shown with John's EWOK #9) rules the garden and woodlot roost. Walnut Viktim (#1 shown with John's pocket Kephart #1) is in well-deserved semi-retirement on my work desk. All three have slightly modified and finished ("personalized") handles and sheaths - I still love the design and feel of the ViKtim, and think it was one of John's best (I keep his Kepharts in the kitchen and in my day hike pack).

ViKtim Update December 2021: The slightly more slender/pointy-er Osage ViKtim still going strong as my first choice for daily truck carry, while the more humped Tiger Maple Viktim (#9 shown with John's EWOK #9) rules the garden and woodlot roost. Walnut Viktim (#1 shown with John's pocket Kephart #1) is in well-deserved semi-retirement on my work desk. All three have slightly modified and finished ("personalized") handles and sheaths - I still love the design and feel of the ViKtim, and think it was one of John's best (I keep his Kepharts in the kitchen and in my day hike pack).
I'm not seeing any pictures???

Truest Viktim was the Christmas roast beast.........
Or Us, eating the mother-in-law's cooking?

Only a tough knife can cut through all That.

*Left a nice blue hue.

There are pictures on the 2 November 2015 "ViKtin Passaround" thread if you search - my three ViKtims are shown in Post #4 along with their Comanche/Mountain Man tacked sheaths.

Good choice of knife to do the Christmas Beast honors - we did the same here preparing a huge rib roast.

Blessed this week with a Hunter's Hatchet.
Some of you might recognize?
I cleaned it up some, have more to do, but it's going to be used, for Fun this week!

I want to say thank you to the previous owner for this generous sale.
(For privacy reasons he shall remain anonymous) :)

Group Shot

Thanks, I thought it may have been Rule 9!!! Appreciated. I thought the Rule 9 had a metal protrusion/extension on the end of the handle.

Back