Picture Thread

nice job. looks great. i also prefer the natural look.

Thank you, and the more I do with leather the more I realize I hate dyeing it. Usually adds 2 days of drying plus loads of conditioner depending on how dry the leather feels afterwards. Plus natural veg tan ages beautifully with some good use!

Thank you, and the more I do with leather the more I realize I hate dyeing it. Usually adds 2 days of drying plus loads of conditioner depending on how dry the leather feels afterwards. Plus natural veg tan ages beautifully with some good use!
yeah, the latter is what i meant. i like to see a nice "patina" form on natural sheaths. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1063714

It's almost time for a fresh coat of BLO

Here’s my version:

ghFCkxc.jpg

View attachment 1068817

A picture from Instagram by Reuben Bolieu of a well used Kephart I made for him about 10 years ago.
I remember him posting pics of that and I think another maybe(?) of it after sitting in a sink while he was on one of his trips or something and it was all rusty. (with the scales separating iirc)
Did you rehandle it or did it not need rehandling?

I remember him posting pics of that and I think another maybe(?) of it after sitting in a sink while he was on one of his trips or something and it was all rusty. (with the scales separating iirc)
Did you rehandle it or did it not need rehandling?
The rusty one was an old Nessmuk. When he was doing an article I sent it to him for free because it was slightly warped, he made it his kitchen knife.

IMG_5442.JPG IMG_5445.JPG

Went on a short hike today and got to finally use the limited run knife and do some much needed relaxing. It's a Great design that did everything I needed it to; from batoning down wood to feather sticks and some delicate work. I took more photos but these are the only ones that still were complete photos after cropping to post on my phone.

Nice pics Ty, it's always a good day when you can get out and beat some character into a knife.

I had the big'uns out to take pics for Mack's big knife thread and figured I'd get a group shot of the whole family.
I still need to get scales on the Pocket Muk and Scanduckie and I included the Schrade Old Timer 8OT because John gave it to me so it's part of my JK family.:thumbsup:
9QtVG2u.jpg

JK Knives JK Knives do you still make the friction folder? I've seen multiple photos of it here and other places and I feel like I need one in a bad way!

If anyone ever asks why they should get a JK Custom knife this is the reason why. John took my iffy drawing that needed a lot of work and turned it into exactly what I wanted. He gave this knife a feeling of its own that is hard to find knowdays.

The design came from my love of the older French trapper knives shape, then I just started making it to more my style and how I use a knife in the woods.
IMG_3249.JPG

I like a good spear point blade for buschcraft/camping chores, but When it comes to more utilitarian tasks I usually prefer a drop or clip point when I'm hiking or camping. Which leads to the purpose of the knife for me to be a good all around bushcrafty/camp knife that's more my size at a lil over 5" blade.
IMG_5843.JPG IMG_5845.JPG

I wanted a rounded spine so I wouldn't chew through my baton as quick when out and a bout, but still a good 90 by my thumb for ferro rod use.
IMG_5847.JPG

John did an awesome job as usual, and was very understanding when I had to push it back to the bottom of the list due to the goverment shutdown. I also finally decided to choose possibly my favorite handle material combo. With black micarta and red liners with copper pins/tube, because I have a weird thing for all metals that patina.
IMG_5863.JPG

Back