Pictures of Kershaw knives

Pics from ThomasW:

New Tyrade:

Kershaw_Tyrade_1850.jpg

New BiMetal SG2 Blur:

Kershaw-Bi_Metal_Blur.jpg

Thanks, Vassili.

Is the Tyrade a linerlock or framelock?

Thanks for posting the pics, that's one slick looking knife.

You're welcome!
All of us information starved, Blade 2007 non-attendees have to stick together.

After some delay I continue with my collection. Next what I got was: Storm II - first model (with Storm) with 13C26 Sandvic steel. First impressively unexpensive high quality knives with this Swedish steel, kind of ancestor of Cyclone and JYDII root of this "Sandvic tree".

Kershaw-Storm-II-001.jpg

Kershaw-Storm-II-002.jpg

Thanks, Vassili

Next I have SpecBump in my Kershaw collection:

Kershaw-SpecBump-021.jpg

Kershaw-SpecBump-022.jpg

This is best lock existed today, I wish Kershaw will put it on every folder.

Thanks, Vassilii.

Next I have SpecBump in my Kershaw collection:

Kershaw-SpecBump-021.jpg

Kershaw-SpecBump-022.jpg

This is best lock existed today, I wish Kershaw will put it on every folder.

Thanks, Vassilii.

How does that lock work exactly? I have a hard time picturing it.

How does that lock work exactly? I have a hard time picturing it.

As you can see in the pictures that show the thumbstud area of the knife, the thumbstud is set in a channel in the blade. The thumbstud is basically a barbell shape, so it is the same on both sides of the knife (ambidextrous). The thumbstud is held at the back of the channel by a spring. The stud engages a flat shelf in the handle of the knife. When the blade is fully opened, the channel is paralell to the shelf. The thumbstud can be pushed forward in its channel, parallel to the shelf with little effort, but since the blade swings in an arc and the thumbstud is actually pushed into the face of the shelf. The more force applied to the blade (closing) the harder the thumbstud is pressed against the face. Sliding the thumbstud forward (toward the tip of the blade) to the end of the shelf disengages the lock.

This thread has a picture of an Offset blade without the thumbstud in it so you can see the channel.http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479905

After SpecBump, I got Offset in my collection.

This is not a knife, but more like the statement by Kershaw:

Kershaw-Offset-022.jpg

Kershaw-Offset-021.jpg

Kershaw-Offset-023.jpg

Thanks, Vassili.

And this is Speed SpecBump - SpecBump with Sandvic blade:

Kershaw-SpeedSpec-Bump-001.jpg

Kershaw-SpeedSpec-Bump-002.jpg

Thanks, Vassili.

Then was Cyclone:

Kershaw-Cyclon-001.jpg

Kershaw-Cyclon-002.jpg

Kershaw-Cyclon-005.jpg

Kershaw-Cyclon-006.jpg

This are old pictures, but I think they are pretty good to represent this excellent knife (I still hope for full size ZDP cyclone...).

Thanks, Vassili.

Here is my newest: G10 Offset. The G10 handle is just amazing, feels great in the hand. Take a look at this beauty. Click for larger image.

Here is my newest: G10 Offset. The G10 handle is just amazing, feels great in the hand. Take a look at this beauty. Click for larger image.

ok i'll be first to say that the new G-10 Offset looks awsome!!! great pic btw. you need to post a review of it now!

Back