Pictures Of Your Cold Steel

WbEplZvh.jpg

38eSkFgh.jpg
ZO/Z I love the lanyards you tie on your Cold Steels. What is the name of the knot? Thanks.

Picked up this nice Japanese made SRK, just needed a re-sharpen (edge was very symmetrical, a nice change from some recent experiences with asymmetrical edges, not Cold Steel products).

Can anyone clarify if this would be AUS8 steel? I can't establish from the SRK resource what steels were associated with Japan. It's stamped 'Japan' and has the more recent 'stippled' handle as opposed to the chequered grip. Sabre grind is flat ground. It came with the standard Secure-Ex sheath

20230105_102255.jpg

20230105_102239.jpg

Picked up this nice Japanese made SRK, just needed a re-sharpen (edge was very symmetrical, a nice change from some recent experiences with asymmetrical edges, not Cold Steel products).

Can anyone clarify if this would be AUS8 steel? I can't establish from the SRK resource what steels were associated with Japan. It's stamped 'Japan' and has the more recent 'stippled' handle as opposed to the chequered grip. Sabre grind is flat ground. It came with the standard Secure-Ex sheath

View attachment 2036040

View attachment 2036041
As far as I know, the only black-coated SRKs made in Japan were either AUS8 or VG1, but the VG1s were stamped as such, while the AUS8 ones were not, so yours should be AUS8.

Can anyone clarify if this would be AUS8 steel? I can't establish from the SRK resource what steels were associated with Japan. It's stamped 'Japan' and has the more recent 'stippled' handle as opposed to the chequered grip. Sabre grind is flat ground. It came with the standard Secure-Ex sheath.
The Aus8 SRK has to be one of the toughest knives sold.
If you haven't watched this video it's worth watching the end.

New AK47 came today. Swapped the washers for larger diameter PB, and put a pre bent clip on. No lock stick, blade is centered, came with a left clip, and noticed the blade is ground all the way to the choil. Looks like they ditched the hollow grind as far as I can tell.
9C9C04DE-8149-4B2E-A2C8-DB78AF45EA6A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back