(Pictures uploaded)How many kinds of steels did BUSSE use on the TGLB line?

I recently got a TGLB but I don't know what kind of steel it is made of. There is no steel mark on the knife, only a " BUSSE" mark. I don't know much about BUSSE knife,only know that they use a few kinds of steel such as INFI and SR - 101.Could anyone tell me how to distinguish them?
2c2nffZ
2dkyvwQ
2dkyvwQ
LJrsAAwJ
LJrsAAwJ
4NHMZxMNId7jSrhTzZCazqnPt_WpR7q5uXz1iGkTretBxzxwdBc-bFqmg5ainN3JIQmYqIDEe7zyfCLcIywPJvIBJjv8_twlW96xQdZXkd8W8KnzPi0LvHDxQJB9D36HwLKSC049pb0XPBEs4PoTJQUMI3g9gyYinlp_EHF2ASWvUhPdULIPVCFlAP3OmKOTWkWzu2GgJaZPa3lgzRWCQdwNwByJ5Tm2AdHnC_cRuztzFJMZtOMSjKEIMY_cpSObessgNIkQOEhR_daGjcktwPQrp5m82lb4Dt5m1VIUK0wiRQNzhouHOJHDnb9kOi0oV4D2DdvUM14jLVDbDUSnBjf5rRTfHjWvG4rnJTnK5FPMgvq-c3Hl1mhIKMd7HTY8bwAHPt6BHykDyGA86S3eshNeE0PSO2qmUovrNd0vJwP78cHRzX1L-a2Rj6OAHMZ0Bm2ylXKC0WDPN-AeVHeoBAkvXR88cVR9FeEMrSWOz4I9t_cWZHj0ixD2xXt6absZ0TpiiTjZOGVfOwu208FUrP-74KsTRVfb_UrkRznrbLyUPAEGn_oZPHcdtEM0fRg0kEgJVMB1iD4xV51pDiOUoSK-9JR0SiyHDk9r2mIVdnZqRCxeVfLPaMJGkHOjv5Mjb4cf-tOO1jSUI5HPg3jkt5U=w258-h1069-no
BnlpE7rP9xszIB_jbVqJLZmvoTBYoiIhq-0nvdTa4gyy3CWcc7594-NzCB5sfCFVIR2-iklSE_-NYV-4KDub9jb1frk2g_cJgNuhw0jzR0YC3NFUEjaFr6YzE4jm_j6YR9zOIbO6udTaajGYapmVxDOLu7irvOWW76HiMpfeaKNccDH8s1ll0TS154OtuH5BlZfEG7r-t8B8KQdNrhEQEjMoz9egQB1C9q4XC_T9A6FD4LuWoIk5bMVhkKgW6AgwrQhiOvcBs_9_qyl9zHyppoUJpfYRevz6lk9zVLPpCi_nFX6ZGXvIm1XmZQ2X79kaqhUoHv6oq9jKVbFBbJClx_TabYQ8mxtrvFhjCuAp1_gNyyrEAvYgzIgthSsFxS5CLOkJSYXg6tTluAGe196_bjse2d5QpeNb_JRbupjuG8wKpAUh06UrhyR60QBrE5D_PpjS2v2vTBsb2QDjgIiAjQWKIPRN-fOIkyR9SyC-zmlv_aZ9aF7h46jZ9G1D6gnTI_ImuG2suc62nr9nekbNhOfytRvYp6kEvJ8UxivOwbTY0xX-aoc8VaQliOG1xLSl6Nsfvjulv6fDqE_dDw9lA5PPbqWHZCaMdhNdIo0l0ZB2vr-irFh6r0SqsYZBC53gFrPlvh5O45gGfSzKgHArYj4=w802-h1069-no

Last edited:
There are a number of variants within the Infi models as well, at least 6 when you include the mini's. If you can post a link or picture it would help telling you the exact model info :)

TGLB...
As far as my memory works (might have some hazy spots from Scotch...) but LB were only made in INFI.

Sure there are number of flavors of TG in different steels, but LB was only in INFI

Yes, el_of and I discussed this last night, he is right in that some of the later variants (Battle Grade and Special Ediion) may not have been given the "LB" treatment.

I recently got a TGLB but...

The main question is: how did You get that one? Nice score, congrat for it. Nowadays it is nearly impossible to get one. I've been hunting for one (with g10 handle) for a long time unsuccessfully.

YES, as above. TGLB is made of INFI.

Lets see a picture of the said knife. That is the only way to know for sure. It could be Chinese.

I saw the OP's title and went a little further because I see a lot of people in discussions and for sale listings describing TG series knives as a TGLB when they are not. I also get people requesting TGLB sheaths only to find upon further discussion they have a non LB. I don't want to imply he was mislead when he got his but "TGLB" rolls off the tongue so easily it has almost become the defacto name for the TG pattern. For a newby it may help to have that clarification.

There are a number of variants within the Infi models as well, at least 6 when you include the mini's. If you can post a link or picture it would help telling you the exact model info :)
I just uploaded the pictures.;)

I recently got a TGLB but I don't know what kind of steel it is made of. There is no steel mark on the knife, only a " BUSSE" mark. I don't know much about BUSSE knife,only know that they use a few kinds of steel such as INFI and SR - 101.Could anyone tell me how to distinguish them?

Lets see if this works for you

LJrsAAwJ_o.jpg

Definitely INFI.

(When I first read the topic's title, focused only on "TGLB", and saw the picture, for a moment I thought I'm in the sale topic, and wanted to write "I'll take it.")

Nice one.

Congrats !!!!!! Orange / black g10 too ! One of my favorites :)

Back