1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Pictures...

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by mistwalker, Nov 14, 2017.

1. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    But Not Just Pictures...

This past weekend was the beginning of a whole new adventure for me. I started the physical side of a very dynamic and energetic working relationship with a dear friend who has been helping me with my work and inspiring me in my endeavors for some weeks now. She is also a writer and a photographer who understands probably better than I do, what it is that I am trying to accomplish on all three fronts working on three different book projects simultaneously. She has been very helpful in helping me sort out how I want to approach a book that is autobiographical in nature, that goes back to the story of the most intense days of the end of my childhood and my time on the streets. I've had a lot of those moments that Bob Seger sang about while working on this...what to leave in...what to leave out. It has been overwhelmingly complicated trying to sort that on my own and she has helped me figure a lot of that out. So I have been shooting some still-life scenes that are based on moments in time from when I was 16 and 17 and trying very hard to cope with my new up-side-down world, in order to help me now remember some of the things I once tried very hard to forget.

Long before there were scenes like this in my own kitchen from my twenties on...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were scenes like this in random abandoned buildings through the last years of my childhood. As I found my way of coping with my new life to be helping other children who were much less fortunate in their childhood foundations than I was. Because it's pretty easy to lose sight of just how badly you need rescuing, when your're too busy rescuing others in worse shape than you are to notice, and getting very poignant lessons in the fact that it really could always be worse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then on a brighter and more colorful note we are also working on several of the concepts for another story I am working on. So, considering the energy we have going on in all our joint projects, the new Zippo may well have just lit some of the most important flames of my life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  2. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    You guys may notice it's no coincidence I really like the blade geometry of the Rapscallion, I hope Andy makes a few more of those. Also no coincidence I'm drawn to the swedged Lonestar, and chose that as the knife of an old Hobbit who has been a few places and seen a few dark moments in his life, and who is a little on the complex side mentally... but who is still just a simple man at heart.

Twisted Forest and Nbrackett like this.