Pimp My LB7- Time for something new....

Ok so back story, about 10 years ago I bought a lot of 20 BNIB LB7s when everyone was dumping for really good prices. These were a special order with the company logo etched on blade. Great price, keep it to my self, per knife.

Ive been giving them away as presents and gifts over the last so many years etc...

Buddy of mine starts customizing the new generation of folder and such, not to my liking so I decide to give him one of these LB7s I got and said make it your own.

Today three years later we go to lunch, mind you I've forgotten about the knife, he springs it on me. I look at it and say nice job, Not Herman Williams nice, but nice.
He laughs and says never give my one of those again.

I laugh asking why he says the damn tolerances on those knives are incredibly tough to duplicate in comparison with the stuff out there today. He apparently went thru several different materials and prototypes of new scales before settling on these. So I say thanks Ill keep it, he says good riddance.

He hates how it turned out and I really like it in a weird Red Haired Stepchild sort of way.:D

Heres the pics. The scales are some kind of layered material with copper inlay. shimmers and changes color as your turn it. And the bolsters have kind of a light crinkle finish on them. Don't know why he replaced the pivot pin but its nice and tight. Anyway here it is...

Oh was going to have him buff out the blade etch but I kind of like that also. Couldn't get the pictures to capture the depth and brilliance of the scales.

33m1yqt.jpg

1zya2js.jpg

2mcazjq.jpg

bevqeq.jpg

the new generation knives have that kind of pivot pin. like you i go with Schrade/H. Williams but it is a nice variant.

Back