Pioneer II discontinued?

OK, I am new to REKAT's, I have picked up two Pioneer II's this weekend in a trade and was trying to learn more about them.

They are hefty, sturdy knives and I suspect they will stand up almost anything I could throw at them.

The actions on them are not what I would call "smooth" and I may follow some of the instructions posted here on cleaning up the action on them. Is the action on the Pioneer II the same as the other REKAT knives?

Also, I was told that the Pioneer II was discontinued and was replaced by something called a savant? I couldnt find anything on the web about the Savant, can anyone tell me more about it?

Thanks

Welcome to the REKAT family!
smile.gif
I have a couple of Pioneer II's as well some others. The Rolling Lock is the same on all of REKATs
knives. The Savant is an Aluminumn handle knife in various colors with a G-10 insert. The blades are the same as the Pioneer II's. Someone here had a way to get into the REKAT webpage and look at the Savants. I wish I knew how to do it.
frown.gif
The Pioneer's are great little knives that will take anything you can throw at them. Enjoy you new REKAT's.

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Easyrider:
Someone here had a way to get into the REKAT webpage and look at the Savants. I wish I knew how to do it.
frown.gif
The Pioneer's are great little knives that will take anything you can throw at them. Enjoy you new REKAT's.
</font>

Try http://www.rekat.com/savant.html

Chris

Thank you Chris!
smile.gif
I now have it bookmarked!
biggrin.gif

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

Thanks for the information all. I am curious and would appreciate your advice. If I was to try to sell my two Pinoneer II's what should I try to get for them? One has a plain tanto blade and the other looks like a clip point.

I might add that I am not planning on moving them yet, I just want to get an idea of value to see if I had a good trade or not. (I traded the guy a Ruger 10/22 for the pair).

I suggest you go to the individual sales forum, and run a search for 30 days or so on the Pioneer. Should give you at least some idea of the asking prices on them. Unfortunately, many sellers eliminate the asking price when marking knives sold. Not helpful at all. Much better to just cross out the knife, if in a list, and add SOLD. You can also seek to trade them, rather than selling them.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

Thanks Bugs, I tried that and what I had found was there were lots of posts but they cannot be retrieved. I suspect they have been removed after say 6 months. I will keep digging.

JC

Back