Pioneer II - loctite?

The pivot pin on my pioneer II gets loose the more I open it - I've had to tighten it about once a day. I have heard that loctite will fix the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? Where do I aquire loctite? What's the trick to using it? Thanks!

-- Rob

I love easy questions! Loctite should take care of your blade pivot. Loctite can be found at just about any auto parts stores. Make sure you ask for "Loctite Blue" It is called this simply because it is blue when you go to use it. "Blue" is meant to be removable, there is also "red" and it is suppose to be permanent. There are other colors for other applications. Stay away from the Red unless you don't want to ever remove the screws again! Get the Blue, it is what you want, I use it on my knives. It is sometimes known as Loctite #242. Let us know how it works out.

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

[This message has been edited by Easyrider (edited 04-22-2001).]

Had the same problem with my PII and it was the reason I put it up for sale...Never sold so I guess I will try to get a new clip(lost when pivot screw came out) and do the loctite thing.

------------------

Support Bladeforums..Buy your gear here.

What's wrong with talking to yourself?? It's sometimes the best conversation and eitherway your always right... -Me-
Formerly Endura Duck

Hey Duck,

If you still have your Pioneer II, and want to get rid of it, I have some Cold Steel knives to trade.

If interested shoot me an e-mail.
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

Loctite was the magic solution. It tightened up the clip, and made the knife useable. I'd highly recommend it.
Thanks!
-- Rob

I'm glad it worked.
smile.gif

------------------
A Pat on the Back is only a few inches from a Kick in the Butt.

Back