Plain Edged Drop-Point Recondo. Is it gonna happen?

I was at my knife dealer's shop today and once again I was looking at the Recondo and wishing mightily that it was in a format that would actually be useful for me. The outstanding handle design on this knife BEGS to be in a Drop-Point plain edge format. Any chance this'll happen?

------------------
The individualist without strategy who takes opponents lightly will inevitably become the captive of others.
Sun Tzu

Hi Misque,

It's close...not 100%. Here is what it most likely will look like. You may drool!

SOGfieldknife.JPG

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

Gotta say, If this was out I'd be in line for one! BUT, given this timetable I'll be on the mission field before they come out. Oh Well! Great looking knife!!

biggrin.gif
Drool!
biggrin.gif

YEEHAAAAA!!!

This'll be a real hit for ya'll I hope!

------------------
The individualist without strategy who takes opponents lightly will inevitably become the captive of others.
Sun Tzu

I for one, would buy at least a couple of these.

------------------
Danbo, soul brother of Rambo

Any estimate on when this will be on the market? I'm looking for a stainless knife, maybe I can wait for this one.

Hi Cliff,

We have only one prototype made so far (the one pictured). I've handled it a few times and don't recall a recurve, or much of one. So it might be the angle of this picture...or a faulty memory on my part.
smile.gif

Production could differ slightly...

Hang tight everyone! Cross your fingers and beg some more. It's not a done deal yet...but I've very hopeful.

When? If it does...later this year or first of next...

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

[This message has been edited by Ron@SOG (edited 04-29-2001).]

Please with an all plain edge option.

------------------
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce
Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog. - Robert Morley

iktomi

Any word on this yet? Looks good!

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Back