Plain & Toothy Merlins

Here's a Y2K vintage plain edge Merlin next to a 1999 toothy one.

<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/spyderco/c08pbk-sbk-Merlin.jpg" TARGET=_blank>
c08pbk-sbk-Merlin-medium.jpg
</A>

The newer one has the clip area beefed up.

Here's a photo of a real merlin. And another merlin photo.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Great scan James(always!)

I like the look of the plain edge one.

BTW, could you tell me what scanner you
use, and how you do the scanning?
smile.gif

I tried, but your scans seems brighter
the mine. And I found light blue or light
green background might give the best result.
Is this why you always choose blue?

Thanks
Alan

Hey, James, just wanted to say thanks for posting all the cool pics of all the different knives! Do you happen to know if anyone other than SFO is carrying the new plain-edge merlin? Lokeloni at Ironstone in Hawaii e-mailed me and told me that they have them there, but the price is still a little high for me. I keep seeing the Spyderedge merlins all over the web for only a few dollars higher than the delicas. I'm just wondering when the new merlins are going to get out into general circulation. Again thanks for posting all the cool pics!

"Merlin" is either the magician in Arthurian legend or a falcon (falco columbarius) that is smaller than a pergegrine and larger than a kestrel. There are a couple of merlin photos and some information at this CA birds of prey page.

The fish in question is a "marlin," known for its sharp pointy snout, and some folding sailors' knives have a "marlin spikes" built in, for rope work.

And plain-edge Merlins are in the distributor/dealer pipleline - like the one that found its way to my scanner.
smile.gif

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 06-14-2000).]

Back