Please assist in identifying this knife

d2fa804e.jpg

I just committed to buy this off the Exchange; the seller couldn't identify the model -- I'm leaning toward a scandi Hiking Buddy, but am not sure.

Last edited:
I think y'all may be right about it being a Bushcrafter; thanks for the responses. I really don't need another 4-inch knife, but the "bumble bee" color scheme got me.

Not a Bushcrafter. Looks like an Arete. Hard to tell from the pic. HB maybe?

If you said KE Bushy, you got it right. That is a Scandi KE Bushie with lager g-10 scales and black linen micarta liners and bolster.

d2fa804e.jpg

I just committed to buy this off the Exchange; the seller couldn't identify the model -- I'm leaning toward a scandi Hiking Buddy, but am not sure.

As long as you like a Scandi grind...and you knew it was before you committed so should be all good...you should love the knife. I had one for a while, then sent it to a friend in the UK who is also one of my editors, and is a nurse (they don't make the kind of money our nurses do) when I learned from a mutual friend that Chris only had a Mora and really couldn't afford the price of a decent "bushcraft" knife. I loved the knife, as usual for Andy awesome ergos and great blade geometry, but I had others and with him teaching survival medical classes at a lot of meets I wanted to give Chris something a little (read a lot) tougher than a Mora.

There is more on what I did with mine here... http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/834134-New-Scandi-from-Fiddleback-Forge

I know that Chris definitely loves the one I sent him.

I have that same knife (scandi grind also) with all black scales and love it. And it has gone through a lot of tough use too. The scandi grind is also easy to sharpen and it's a very handy size knife. If it's a decent price buy it!

Unfortunately I can't find the damn pattern. I've gotta get one sent home to copy it.

That is a jre sheath.

Ray, I do need that knife back temporarily. I'll get it back to you right away. And, there are a couple of black palm knives in this weeks batch for you.

Back